The Locker Wars

Crash

“Are people just supposed to... come in like this?” Adele hissed as some unknown people waltzed through her door, greeting more people.

“It won’t get too out of hand,” Riley promised.

“It better not,” Adele muttered.

The party was beginning. Adele had never thrown a party like this before. She’d been to a couple, but it wasn’t like this, if she remembered right. But it wasn’t like her parents were going to bust through the door. Her parents had called from whatever exotic country they’d decided to visit.

She was still responsible for this, though. The drinks and stuff, especially the noise control. She knew that there was loud music blasting from the speakers, and every now and then she had to sneak over and turn it a little lower.

“This is getting a little annoying,” Adele noted. “Who are these people? Did you invite them? I honestly have never seen some of these people before. How can they just come into my house like this? Talk about rude!”

“Adele, it happens,” Kirsten sighed.

“But...” Adele was about to go on a long rant about how she was raised with manners, the usual earful that she gave her friends whenever she thought necessary, but she stopped, because she saw who just came in the door.

“No way! Beckett and his crew are here!” she hissed to Riley and Kirsten.

“They can’t plan an attack,” Riley supplied immediately. “It’s the rules.”

“But... they’re fucking the rules this year!” Adele whined. “Shit! I need them out of my house, like, now! Like, really right now! I can’t trust them, I can’t trust him! Honestly! We should have hired a bouncer or something!”

“Adele,” Kirsten groaned, but Adele was already marching over to them.

“What are you doing in my house? Get out of my house!” Adele squeaked over the music, but Mike, Michael and Jason hurried past her so she was only faced with Adam, Andy (“call me Butcher because it’s so bad-ass”) and William.

“Get out of my house! Seriously!” Adele repeated.

“Hey, Adele, nice party,” Butcher noted, completely ignoring what she had just ordered. “I’m gonna go and have a few drinks and I’ll definitely be out of here.”

Adele rolled her eyes as he squeezed past her to go up to some more girls. She was left with Adam and William, who looked equally annoyed to be there.

“What?” Adele asked. “You know what, fuck you. My party. Do whatever you want!”

She stomped off, and William followed her into the kitchen while Adam quietly stepped into the living room.

“Adele! Hey,” William shouted over the music, tapping her shoulder. She turned around and gave him the nastiest look. “Okay, fine. I’m only here because my parents love you and want me to look out for you.”

“Congratulations,” Adele rolled her eyes. “I guess you could steal some alcohol and go to the living room to you know, chat with girls, and break their hearts.”

William frowned. “You know, you’re horrible. I don’t even do that, and you’re stereotyping me with other guys.” He followed her into the living room where she lowered the volume to the speakers yet again, and then picked up some beer bottles to recycle later.

“Shut up, you know what you’re like,” Adele snorted. “And could you stop following me? I gotta pick up after these people or else my parents would notice.”

“Fine,” William glared. “See if I even care.” He kicked over a pillow, and she picked it up and threw it at his head.

“Fuck you, Beckett,” Adele sighed. “I don’t have time to waste with you. Go home.”

He narrowed his eyes and turned around on his heel, and went to try to find one his friends.

* * *

It was nearly 2 am, and the party was still going on. It was longer than Adele had planned, so she was beyond pissed off that people were still at her house.

She was sure that her friends had either gone home or gone off with guys, so she was stuck cleaning up all by herself. It wasn’t like she’d planned. But then again, she hadn’t even planned to have fun anyways.

And then, just like that, a whole group of people left, leaving her all alone in her empty house. Or so she thought.

“Having trouble cleaning?” William asked. He’d stayed behind for a reason he didn’t even know, but didn’t mind, because he probably would have felt bad leaving her to clean up after her first house party. And he didn’t really want to go back home to his mom, who’d ask about it non-stop.

“Oh my god,” Adele groaned, frustration laced in her tone. “Fuck you! You haven’t left yet?!”

“Nope,” William smacked his lips, and enjoyed the anger on his friend/enemy’s face.

“Help me clean then,” Adele snapped, and it was later than she’d ever stayed up, even later since that time in tenth grade when she actually left that science project until the last minute.

“Hm, all right,” William agreed. He picked up a garbage bag and started throwing things in it: pop cans, beer cans and bottles, plastic cups, other trash. He didn’t say a word to Adele, and she probably preferred it that way.

After another half an hour, the living room and the kitchen looked close to normal again. William was about to leave, and he felt kind of good about himself for staying back and helping clean.

“Thanks,” Adele sighed. “Even though you’re still kind of a bastard anyways.”

“Psh,” William rolled his eyes. “Uh, yeah, you’re welcome. Oh, and you better watch your back, because I still have to pay you back for having that prank pulled on me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
... Short, and kind of filler-ish. X_X
Thanks all for the lovely comments :D
You all rule.