I'm Burning Can't You See?

The Other One

When we walked up the stairs I noticed six doors. Three on each side. We walked to the second door on the right. Simone opened the door and revealed my new room.

It was bigger than my room at home...well what used to be my home.

"I hope it's ok?" Simone more asked.

"Yes, its perfect." I smiled walking into the room.

Georg and Bill were arguing loudly as they were walking up the stairs. I couldn't really tell what they were arguing about because all I heard was "Nien" and "Ja."

As Georg was walking through the doorway he came tumbling down face first. Bill almost fell too, but only because he was laughing so hard. Georg looked over his shoulder and up at Bill. When he turned his head back around he had a smile on his face.

I walked over to him laughing and held my hand out. He grabbed it and stood up. The suitcase he was holding was thrown all the way to the bed.

"I guess you guys can just the rest of the stuff over by the other one." I told Bill and Gustav.

Bill entered my room completely still laughing. Gustav was more laughing at Bill than what just happened.

"How did you fall anyway?" Gustav asked Georg. He glared over at Bill who was trying to stop laughing, he had a guilty look. We all looked over at him and he couldn't keep his laugh in anymore.

"I couldn't-help it!" He managed to get out, "I didn't know he would actually fall!" He burst out again.

"Bill?" Simone asked.

"Ja?" He started to breath deeply to try to stop laughing.

"Say your sorry," she told him and he stopped laughing letting his jaw drop a little. Georg crossed his arms waiting for Bill's apology.

"But-" He started.

"That doesn't sound like an apology." Simone cut him off. Gustav and I started to giggle together. Bill instantly shot glares towards us, and we tried to stop laughing.

Bill mumbled some words quietly so we couldn't hear him.

"What was that?" Georg leaned in closer.

"Sorry...." He said more clearly.

"Now don't be shy to tell them to get out if you want to go to bed." Simone said as she was walking out of the room.

As soon as she left Bill walked over to Gustav, who was still smirking, and hit him in the back of the head. I started to laugh and Gustav looked at me.

"Well, guys we should-" Bill was cut off by commotion in the hallway. I walked over to my door and looked down the hall. I saw a tall boy with a short blonde hanging on him. They were obviously wasted. I turned to look back at the three boys in my room, they just looked down at the ground.

Seconds later I felt someone right behind me. I turned my head into the boy's chest making me jump back from the horrible alcohol smell. He was giving me a weird look with his tongue playing with his lip ring.

Bill hurried to get in between us while pushing the boy out of the room. "Gute Nacht," Bill said to me and continued to push the boy to a room across the hall from mine. Just before he disappeared into the room he turned looking at me. "I mean good night." Then he shut the door behind him.

I guess no one mentioned to them that I understood German. My mom taught me when I was a little kid. She said I would need it someday, I guess this is the 'someday' she was talking about.

I turned to look at the two remaining boys.

"Tom, right?" I asked

"Ja." Georg answered.

"Get used to that when we're here." Gustav said as he started to walk out. "Good night."

"What does he mean?" I asked Georg.

"Tom has a little problem." I looked at him for more answers, "He has this problem about saying no, he always brings a girl back."

"Oh."

"But the thing that sucks is my room is right next to theirs. Bill has it the worst though. His bed is across the room from Tom's but it makes Bill uncomfortable hearing his brother getting...intimate. So he usually just leaves and Tom likes the screamers, if you know what I mean, and Bill can't handle it." Just as Georg got done saying that Bill walked out with a pillow and a blanket.

"Screamer." Bill rolled his eyes.

"Well, good night" Georg started to walk down to his room. Bill smirked and started to run down the hall. Right before Georg got to his bedroom door Bill cut in front of him and into his room. I heard Georg say nien, then I shut my door.

I found the suitcase that had some of my pajamas in it. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I pulled off my shirt and replaced it with my fresh black shirt, then my pants with my shorts.

I walked into the bathroom, leading from my room, and threw my hair into a messy bun. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I walked back into my room and laid down in my bed. I felt like I was laying on a marshmallow. I pulled the blankets around me and shortly fell asleep.