I Take My Chances at Truck Stops and State Lines

Chapter Three

As soon as William and I walk onto the bus, it starts to go. We see Alison playing Guitar Hero. She pauses it.

"Shhhh... Brendon's sleeping, and I don't want him to hear that I'm playing. Or even hear for that matter." She says.

"Sure thing, Alison." William says.

We sit down, and I offer a Monster to William. He takes it with a "Thank you." and we watch Alison fail at Guitar Hero.

She is extremely bad.

"Ughhh, I suck at this!" She says.

"Well, yea." William says.

"You also are horrible at guitar, so what makes you think you'd be good at this?" I say.

"Well.... I don't know. But it's fun!" She yells. "Oops....."

"ALISON CHISLETT IS PLAYING GUITAR HERO ISN'T SHE?!" Brendon yells from the bunks.

"YES SHE IS!" Spencer yells back.

"Great.... Thanks Spencer... Really. Thanks." She says.

"Well, you two have fun Alison, I'm going to go sleep some more." I say.

"Good luck with that," William says. "Brendon will get really loud, which I'm sure you're aware of."

"Oh, I am." I say as i walk to my bunk. I remember one time about a year ago, Ryan and I were playing Guitar Hero at our apartment. Brendon, being Brendon, walked in without knocking, calling, or anything of that fashion. So naturally, we weren't expecting it so we didn't know to hide the game. He tackled Ryan to the ground, took his guitar, and beat me big time. Then he tackled me and beat Ryan as well. This gave Brendon "making-fun-of" privileges, and he made fun of Ryan the rest of the day because he was the guitar player in the band, and was horrible at Guitar Hero. That's when we had our apartment complex manager come to our door to tell us the neighbors were complaining because of us being loud.

Oh that was fun.

I was SO CLOSE to getting to sleep, before I hear a yell that went something like, "No! I was so close! So freaking close!" It was more then likely Alison.

I get up to go yell at whoever screamed, but they shush me as i walk in. It was Brendon and Ryan playing now.

Oh. Joy.

Five minutes later, we have a winner. GUESS WHO?! Brendon Urie. Again. He needs to get a life, and do something other than this game.

"Jeeze, Ryro, you ARE bad at this aren't you?" I say.

"Ryro?" Everyone asks.

"Yes. Ryro. He broke my hair straightener this morning, so that gave me the right to call him "Ryro"." I say. Ryan right now, is probably glaring at me, but i don't notice.

"Ryro huh? I like it. It has a nice little ring to it." Brendon says. I smirk.

"I know, doesn't it? I thought it sounded amazingly like him."

"Oh, I have to agree." William says. I forgot he was there, he was being really quiet.

"Why thank you, William." I say. I give him a side hug.

"Brendon if you call me Ryro, and this goes to ANY of you, I WILL make sure the fans rape you." Ryan threatens.

"I'll take my chances, RYRO." Brendon says.

"Stop it!" Ryan exclaims.

"Ryro!" I say into Ryan's ear.

"Ryrooo!" Brendon says into the other one.

"Ryro!" "RYRO." "Ryro." "Ryrooo!" This goes on for about 5 minutes. Alison and Spencer are sitting on the couch eating candy watching us and looking highly entertained while this is going on, and William... is staring at me? He sees me glance at him, and looks away.

"Ok guy, I seriously think you should stop. Ryan might seriously attack someone right now." Jon says.

He was probably right, you could see the veins in Ryan's forehead popping out a little.

"Awh, J-Walk, you ruined our entertainment!" Spencer says.

"J-Walk is cruel." Alison says, leaning onto Spencer.

"Yea, yea. Think what you want, Kiddo." He says to us. "It's like, 5pm now... gosh, that took alot of time, surprisingly."

"Well, I say that we watch a movie." Brendon says.

"You do that, I'll be in back online." Jon says. Must be nice to have a "significant other" to talk to.

So with all of us scrunched onto the couch, or between the legs of someone on the couch while sitting on the floor, we all doze off watching "Finding Nemo".

But not me, not the one who WANTED to sleep. Oh no. I just watch William sleep with his head leaned against the wall. I put my head on his shoulder and start to doze off.

"I could get used to this." I thought. Who, me? Crushing? Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure that Val wrote this one..