I Take My Chances at Truck Stops and State Lines

Chapter Five

So after we got Starbucks, we went back to the bus.

They were still arguing over who was the wisest on the bus.
Alison had taken Spencers side, and Brendon had taken Jon's side. Ryan was all alone. Haaaa.

"So.... I saw the wisest person on the bus is the bus driver, because he knows how to tune the rest of you idiots out." William said.

"I second that motion." I said.

"So it's official. The bus driver is the most wisest person on the bus, and Spencer is the second." Alison said very fast.

"I SECOND THAT MOTION!" Spencer said just as fast. "HA! WE BEAT YOU TO IT."

"I love how Ryan just sits there and watches." William said to me as he sat down on the couch.

"I'll say." Ryan said.

Alison and I stopped what we were doing and looked at Ryan. Then we glanced at each other.

We couldn't take it anymore.

"HHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH." We both laughed.

William and Ryan looked at each other, then at us, like we were crazy.

"Long story, don't ask." I told them after my laughter had almost died.

Stupid inside joke, yes. But a really funny one nonetheless.

Then Alison practically tackled me. "What the heck?!" I yelled at her.

"You got a frapp. And you didn't tell me."

"Uhh.. yes?" I gave her the kind of look a mother would give her 2-year old.

"Mine!!" she grabbed my Caramel Frappuccino and ran to the back of the bus, Spencer following her.

"I want some!"

"Awhh. Well, so much for 'She won't notice anything at all,'" I said laughing.

I felt the bus start moving, and didn't even have enough time to get back up that I pretty much fell on my butt again. Did i mention I have the worst balance ever?
I tend to fall when I'm just standing on the ground.
You can't really expect much from me when I'm standing inside of a moving vehicle.

Someone stretched out a hand and pulled me onto the couch.

"Uhm thanks?" I told William as I crawled in his lap and stole a sip from his frap.

"Don't pull an Alison on me. I tend to be very protective of my iced coffee drinks," he said in a matter-of-factly, mock serious voice.

"Oh, I'm quite sure you are. Too bad your gonna have to share now." I told him smirking.

He pouted at me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. I couldn't help but smile.

Seriously.

"But but but.. it's STARBUCKS!" he whined, giving me his best puppy-eyes impression.

I giggled like a little kindergartener.

"STARBUCKS?! WHERE?!" someone screamed from the bunks.

Brendon, obviously.

He's the most Starbucks-obsessed person you'll ever meet.

"ALISON AND SPENCER!" William and I yelled at the same time.

"Ha. That's what she gets for stealing my coffee. A Brendon tackle-fest!" I laughed.

I've had so many Brendon tackles since me and him first met, which was when I was about 12 years old. I can honestly say that its one of those things that's hilarious when it happens to someone else, but you absolutely dread when it happends to you. The time I remember best though is last time we were out on tour, I bought a 4-pack of those Starbucks shot thingies. I didn't even have enough time to walk on the damned bus before he tackled me. Which was when i was walking up the stairs?! FYI, I have short legs, so I fell like 3 feet with a screaming Brendon on top of me and a box smacked on my hip. I had a big purple bruise on my leg for about 2 weeks. That was fun.

Anyways, it wasn't even 30 seconds before I heard Alison yelling at Brendon that he should have at least asked.

Me, William, and Ryan just kind of looked at each other, as in "What the hell is she talking about?"

She walked out of the back room with her hair covered in whipped cream and caramel, and her white shirt all brown.

I couldn't help it. I started laughing so hard.

She gave me the evilest glare she could muster.

Well.. she tried.

She caught a glimpse of herself in the ceiling mirrors, and cracked up.

No kidding.

Rule Number 346 of Touring With P!ATD:
Never bring Starbucks on the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Valentina most definitely wrote this one.
:D