I'll Swim the Ocean for You

Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with the sound of Ryan Ross on our bus. Oh crap. This wasn’t going to be good.
“Ha, yeah man. Where’s your sister?” I heard him say. Please, Please, Please help me Bryan. Before he could answer I sent him a text that said ‘distract him, I’m getting a shower.’ And he sent a message back that said ‘Okay sis.’
“Oh, she’s still asleep. Did you want to see Martin he’s outside getting stuff together and could sure use some help.”
“Oh no problem, sure.” I heard Ryan’s voice fade and Bryan came beside my bunk.
“Thanks bro.”
“Anytime. Is he hitting on you?”
“Yeah, I think he likes me, but I told him I was dating Mason. Please don’t kill him or say anything to him.”
“I wont, I just was going to ask the obvious. Bye sis.” He said kissing me cheek.
“Bye.” I said hitting the button to move the curtain and grabbing a Boys Like Girls shirt, white skinny leg jeans, my merchandise lanyard that had keys to the truck, bus, and my id on it, and all of my essentials. I ran to the shower area and took a shower. I got out dried my hair, put on my outfit, put the lanyard around my neck, straightened my hair, and put my make up on all in 30 minutes. I ran out the front door after grabbing my cell phone, texting the tour manager I’d be there in 10 minutes. They had to reschedule the meeting because of the incident. I ran backstage of the venue, and there were already people there, so I slung on my oversized white sunglasses and ran to the meeting room. I met the tour manager, Tom, and took a seat in between my brother and Mason, with Ryan across from me.
“You’re later.” Ryan said smirking.
“Gosh, is it always a competition?” I said giggling.
“Love’s not a competition but—OW!” He said and got interrupted by Mason kicking him.
“But I’m winning.” He said putting his arm around me and kissing my cheek.
“Way to quote!” Josh Farro yelled from the end of the table. I noticed Nikki walk in, and the place she had to sit was in between Trace and Blake.
“Blake, Ant, Martin, Bryan, Paul, John, can you all move down a seat.” I said motioning to Nikki. They caught on and everyone moved down and I told Nikki to sit next to me and Bryan. Mason pulled me closer to him and I looked up.
“That was really sweet of you Blaire.” Mason whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Ryan was probably picturing how that could’ve been him, but oh well. I love Mason. Mason looked up at Ryan as I started paying attention to what Tom was saying about pricing of t-shirts. I hate how detailed they are about pricing. Like instead of $40.00 a shirt its $39.99. One cent less? Wow that’s a discount.

MASON’S POV

Man I don’t like the fact Ryan likes Blaire. I don’t mind her being a normal bubbly girl, but he takes it too seriously. If he likes her, be jealous, but don’t hit on my girlfriend in front of me. It just is really stupid of him trying to get something he cant have. I love Blaire, and Ryan is just not in luck if he wants her.
When I knew that Blaire was ‘interested’ in the ‘discount’ on the shirts for merch I looked up and Ryan and waited to catch his eye. Then I mouthed ‘She’s mine’ and leaned back in my chair and let Blaire turn to where her head was on my chest and I started playing with her hair. These meetings weren’t interesting, and I could tell Blaire was only listening to the parts she had to. She grabbed my hand and intertwined my fingers. I love Blaire so much it wasn’t funny, and if little skinny Beatles boy tries to screw that up, then he wont ever sing again.

RYAN’S POV

Gosh, Blaire is the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen. Mason is just jealous because she likes me. I mean who wouldn’t. Okay, so like I’m doubting myself, but oh well, I might get a song out of all this. Ugh, she says she doesn’t LIKE me but she still kisses my cheek and such? What a heartbreaker. I’ve got to talk to Bryan about that. I love her, and I want her to be mine. Blaire Musso. Blaire Ross. Which sounds better? I think Ross. But I’m going to make her mine by the end of the tour.

BLAIRE’S POV.

I feel so inspired to write a song for Mason. He wrote one for me, and I really want to make him feel better because Ryan’s being stupid and he’s thinking that I love him? He’s a best friend, but I don’t love him! I love my brother, Mason, William even, but I’ve known them long enough and they’ve been through the worst of times with me, but Ryan has no freaking clue how messed up my life is. I grabbed a piece of paper off the table and grabbed a pen, with Mason, Ryan, Nikki, and Bryan watching me, and I scribbled lyrics down.
*****
She was waitin at the station,
He was getting off the train.
He didn’t have a ticket so he had to bum through the barriers again.
Well the ticket inspector saw them rushin through he said
Girl you don’t know, how much I missed you but, we better run cause I haven’t got the funds to pay this fine.
She said fine.
So they ran out of the station and jumped onto a bus with
Two of yesterdays travel cards
And two bottles of bud and he said,
You look very nice.
Well, she was wearing a skirt and he thought she looked nice,
But she didn’t care about anything else, cause she only wanted him to think she looked nice and he did.
But he was looking at her, yeah, all funny in the eye,
She said come on boy tell me what you’re thinking now don’t be shy.
He said Alright I’ll try.
All the birds up in the sky, and the leaves in the trees, all the broken bits that make you trip up and the grassy parts inbetween, all the matter in the world that’s how much that I like you.
She said What?
He said Lemme try to explain again.
Birds can fly so high, and they can shit on your head yeah, they can almost fly into your eye and make you feel more scared, but when you look at them and you see that they’re beautiful, that’s how I feel about you.
Right, birds can fly so high and they can shit on your head yeah they can almost fly into your eye and make you feel more scared but when you look at them and you see that they’re beautiful, that’s how I feel about you.
She said What?
He said You.
She said What are you talking about?
He said You.
Right, birds can fly so high, and they can shit on your head yeah, they can almost fly into your eye and make you feel more scared, but when you look at them and you see that they’re beautiful, that’s how I feel about you.
Right, birds can fly so high and they can shit on your head yeah they can almost fly into your eye and make you feel more scared but when you look at them and you see that they’re beautiful, that’s how I feel about you.
She said, Thanks I like you too.
He said Cool.
*****
“What’s that?” Ryan asked in a snobby tone.
“A song, not for you, because you sure don’t deserve it after that comment.”
“Well way to be a—“
“Hey do you have a freaking problem with my girlfriend loving me?” Mason retorted.
“I just think she isn’t getting what she deserves.”
“Well I think I am, and you aren’t the judge of that.” I said grabbing Mason’s hand.
“He’s just wanting me to fight him.” Mason whispered in my ear.
“Don’t, that’s just what he wants.” I whispered back and he walked out the door with me following.
“So who did you write that song for?” Mason said squinting from the sun while he was putting his sunglasses on. I put mine on considering I had mine on top of my head the entire meeting.
“I wrote it for you. You can read it if you want, but I don’t think I did good.” I said handing him the paper. He grabbed it out of my hands and his jaw dropped and he laughed.
“Preposterous. This song is wonderful.” He said dead serious.
“Really?” I said biting my lip.
“Defiantly. “ He said kissing me. We went to the bus and both sat on the couch waiting for when we were able to go set up merch.
“Blaire are you in here?” Bryan called through the bus door.
“Yeah. I am. What did you need?”
“You can set up merch now. They cleared the area out.”
“Okay we’ll be out soon.”
“Okay.” He said jumping off the steps out the door. I stood up stretched and yawned, I was tired, because of everything running through my head. Mason stood up and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers, putting his sunglasses on, and flipping my onto my face smiling. Paramore was finishing up Misery Business as we were walking to the tent, I set up the shirts and Mason helped me get boxes opened. After we finished the teenies gathered around the tent. I kissed Mason on the cheek and looked up at him.
“I love you.” I said.
“I love you more.” He said smirking.
“I wont argue with that.” I said sarcastically.
“Okay” he said smiling.
“Bye.”
“Bye.” Mason said getting a security guard to help him get backstage. All of the teenies glared at me as I tied my little pocket thingie (it looks like the bottom part of an apron?) and started getting money thrown at me. The guards made them get in a line so I could make sure no one stole anything, and I started taking money from all different sorts of girls. The guys usually come later. I looked up to see Ryan Ross climbing over the table. He instantly crashed his lips on mine and I started trying to pull away, but for a scrawny boy he has a grip. Just then I knew Mason was in shock, but it was clear I was trying to pull away the entire time. Just then I heard Mason finally talk.
“Joe, Mike?!?” he yelled. Instantly Joe and Mike were there pulling Ryan off of me and I ran to Mason hugging and burying my face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine.
“Don’t worry. Don’t worry.” He said looking down at me. I had started crying. I had used to want to get to know Ryan, and he’s a jerk who only planned to freaking have me for himself. I wanted to go up to him and slap him, but I knew that would start more drama then what it was. Mason wiped my tears away and kissed my forehead. He then sat down and I sat on his lap, while Nikki took over the merch table. I thanked her, gave her a hug and told her that I needed to treat her to lunch or get her a new boyfriend. She said that she would be happy to go to lunch one day, and she’d love a new boyfriend. I texted Brendon to come and talk to her and he said he was on his way. I went back to Mason and sat back down on his lap and rested my head on his chest.
“Okay now I wanna dedicate this song to my new best friend Blaire Donahue, and her boyfriend, Mason Musso!” Hayley Williams’ voice rang through the speakers. Mason smiled down at me and I smiled at him as Paramore played their cover of My Hero.
“I’ve got to get backstage to get ready. I love you, and I’ll leave Joe with you, but I’ll take Mike with me.”
“Okay love you.” I said getting up and hugging him goodbye. I then went to go hook Nikki up with Brendon. Nikki Urie. I love the ring of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so the song Blaire 'wrote' is called Birds by Kate Nash.
No I do not own that.
xD
Well I'll update soon.
:) B