Paper Planes

Eleven

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. These things aren't really business parties, they're like where we all get together and hang out on work's expense card."

"Alright. So it'll be like the party at your house?"

"Well, a little classier. Don't worry, you'll be fine," he said, pulling me into the building. "Now, I'm gonna go say hi to my friends, why don't you... go get yourself something to drink."

"But I--" but he was already gone.

Tucker's Point of View

"Uh, I need a drink," I said to Seth.

"Woah, calm down dude. You never drink like this at these."

"Well, I'll need it today," I said, taking two shots of Tequila.

"So how's Padma?" he asked.

"She's... good. Are you gonna drink that?"

"Man, eat something. Calm down. Why are you doing that?"

I sighed and pulled it out of my pocket.

"Oh..."

Normal Point of View

"Well we're hoping to push this thing out before the third of January," Tucker's boss said to me. He's been going on for hours.

"Wouldn't that mean that these boys would have to work harder through their vacation time?"

"What?" he asked, probably not realizing I could even talk.

"Well I know Tucker was planning on getting off for two weeks or so during the holiday season in two months."

"Oh, well--"

"Attention everyone," Tucker boomed out over the microphone.

"What on Earth?" his boss asked.

"So as you all sure know by now, I have a girlfriend," he slurred a little. Uh-oh. Everyone clapped. "Well, my sexy Russian girlfriend has been living with me for a while, well actually not for that long, but anyways, Padma, darling dearest will you please join me up here?" he asked.

I shlyly walked up to the front with the microphone.

"Baby," he said, fumbling with the microphone. He got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Everyone in the room held their breath. I looked around. I looked at Tucker. I looked at the ring he was holding. Suddenly everything felt so wrong. He doesn't love me. He shouldn't be forced to ruin his life for me. I bit my lip and looked into his eyes. They were pleading for me to answer.

"Y-yes." Everyone politely clapped as he slipped the ring on my finger. Tucker's friends jeered. He stood up and forced a kiss on me. I squinched my face up as his breathe made its way down my throat.

He pulled away and side hugged me. I faked a smile as we faced our audience.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a wedding night rehearsal," he said and picked me up bridal style.

I looked at his face while he carried me to the car. I couldn't help but let a sigh escape me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. =/