Paper Planes

Twenty-Three

Tucker wants to go skiing, and he apparently knows a great place. I am so nervous. I have never gone skiing in my life! What am I to do? I will take one step out into that freezing cold weather on that soft slippery snow and tumble down a hill.

"Alright, seriously, we're going to take some movies, and instill a little pop culture into your brain while we're too sore to move," he said.

Tucker had already packed me four pairs of jeans, a dress, two pairs of sneakers, three sweatshirts, a knit sweater, a hat, three pairs of his old gloves, a few scarves we'd found in his house, two tank tops (for undershirts), and four t-shirts. For him he had a similar amount of the same items. "Grab like, leggings for you or something," he told me.

I opened up my underwear drawer and grabbed a pair of panty hose. "Don't we need like, underwear and pajamas?"

"Right!" he said. "Here, I'll pack for you and you pack for me!"

"Are you saying this because my clothing is neater and easier to pack, or because you want to rummage through my underwear again?" I asked him as we started our quest. I turned around to see him digging through my bras, probably for the one he put on last time. I smirked. Two can play that game.

"Honestly?" He asked with a laugh. "Don't forget to get out stuff for you to wear on the way there. Like underwear and stuff." I heard something land on the bed then fall on the floor. He threw most likely a bra behind his back. "I'm sure our luggage won't hurt much if we take a little from i--- what are you doing?" he asked, cautiously.

I giggled. I had replaced my pajama pants, which were strewn across our bed currently, with a pair of his boxers. "I just wanted to turn the table on you."

He looked at me oddly for a moment. He cocked his head. "What?" I asked.

"Well, I'm deciding whether I should be happy because I have a hot chick wearing my boxers, or whether I should be mad because.... you're wearing my underwear."

I laughed. "Well, you were supposed to get angry," I told him honestly. A sinister smile crossed his face. "Wait, Tucker, no. You can be happy. Happy is just swell," I tried, trying to back towards the door. "Tucker, don't... Tucker don't... Tuc-KER!!!"

I vanished into the hallway as he lunged after me and tackled me in the hallway. He flipped me around. "I should make you give them back," he said to me, sitting up.

I smirked and stood up, "okay," I said, sliding them off and walking away.

I don't know if his jaw dropped or not, cos I walked away in my cute little black underwear with a smirk on my face.

I walked back into the bedroom, grabbed the bra off the floor, a fresh pair of underwear, a pair of jeans from my pile in the open suitcase, and a baseball t-shirt. I scurried into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I showered, quickly blow dried my hair and got dressed.

Tucker was leaning over the bed, already dressed, trying to close the suitcase over stacks of DVD's and junk food. I laughed and walked over to help him. He smiled a thanks.

Tucker packed his snowboard and said we could rent one for me once we got there. We'll get there around six today, stay the night, wake up early because we can only snowboard in the morning at this place, and then leave that afternoon and get back late tomorrow.

Then we left. After a grueling four hour drive of listening to awful loud music that Tucker told me is "hair metal," and "the best of 80's rock," we finally arrived. It was a real skii resort. On a real mountain. With real snow. And boy, was it freezing. The first thing we did was run into the store and buy two heavy coats. Then we checked in.

"You guys plan on leaving tomorrow?" the guy asked.

"Yeah, just a short trip this time," Tucker said.

"Well, be careful. They're calling for a blizzard."

"I'm sure we'll be fine. Thanks, man."

Tucker grabbed our luggage and we rolled it to the elevator. It's a pretty small place. We're only on the second floor.

We're just all the way at the end.

He unlocked the door to a cozy little suite. There was a couch in a little living room and a double sided fire place. On the other side there was a flat screen on the mantel facing the kind sized bed. The bathroom was to the left, and was big and warm. He left our luggage and flipped on the television to watch the news.

I stood up, not wanting to sit anymore.

After about a minute of just pacing a bit, Tucker walked back in. "Well, they're calling for pretty bad blizzard, but I'm sure it's really nothing. I mean, they must have blizzards about all the time so everything still functions. It is a skii resort."

"I hope so," I said.

"Want to go downstairs?"

"Sure," I said, "just let me get a sweatshirt out."

I rummaged through our bag to get to the sweatshirts and found a very warm gray zip-up one for just wearing inside.

"I forgot about all those DVD's we brought. Let's grab a bite to eat down stairs at the restaurant and then we can come back and introduce you to the heart of America."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "The heart of America? Really?"

He laughed and opened the door for me.

At dinner, all Tucker could talk about was all the movies we 'had to watch.'
We 'had to watch' Anchorman. Which 'of course' mean Talladegha Nights was a must-see. Then we had to move on to classic comedy with Blazing Saddles. Then we'd make a dent in 'the trilogy.'

He ate his dinner as fast as he could.... so of course I ate mine painfully slow. Then he made one of the kids who works at the hotel track down some popcorn since there's a microwave in our room.

"You're going to have so much fun. Prepare to be entertained. We have two Will Ferrell classics, then we get a true classic, I assume you know a little about the Western timeline?" he asked. "You know, cowboys and Indians and industrialization?"

I opened my mouth to answer, 'yes, I read many books about American history before I moved here,' but was cut off with...

"Well, you'll learn. It's funny no matter what. Then we're going to watch Star Wars. Specifically A New Hope. See, it's episode four, but it really came out first. It's amazing. I'm sure you'll like it," he said, while practically running out of the elevator and dragging me along.

He swiftly opened the door and threw me in the room. "Get out our pajamas and stuff. I'll get everything ready."

He threw in some popcorn in the microwave and started removing pillows from the bed, mumbling about "unnecessary fluff."

I stole a pair of his sweatpants for me and got a pair out for him. I changed pretty much right next to him and he didn't even notice. He had already thrown the bag of popcorn on the nightstand and was setting up the DVD player and trying to put in Anchorman. I put on a tank top and brought over his sweatpants and a t-shirt for him. "Thanks, hon," he said without looking.

I turned down the covers and he slid in to bed with a remote. He hit one button and the lights turned off. "Nice," he said. I laughed a little.

"You're so... cute!"

He glared a little at me and pressed play on the remote. He put his arm around me and pulled me onto his chest so he could run his fingers through my hair.

"You're going to love this movie," he said, grabbing the back of popcorn open and throwing a handful in his mouth. "It's so funny," he said while chewing. I frowned a little. He kept chewing loudly. He laughed, "this is bad 70's music," he said through another mouthful.

I turned my head and glared at him. "I'll shut up now," he said, laughing a little.

We laid like that for an entire hour and a half. Watching a screen. A moving picture. Just blinking and shifting our bodies a few centimeters every so often. And it was hilarious.

"So when you called me a dirty pirate hooker from whore island that one time..."

"I told you I was joking," he said. "So how much of that flew over your head?"

"Most of it," I said. "But it was funny because you thought it was funny," I tried to explain. He gently moved me off of him and threw the popcorn bag away. "So what is next?"

"Next is another classic Will movie. This is about Nascar, which is some dumb sport where people pay to watch what they consider menial in their everyday life. They watch cars."

"That's a sport?"

"Yes. Cars turn left over and over again."

"Like at a stop sign?"

"No. Like in a circle."

"Do they jump things like in movies?"

"No, they just turn left and go fast."

"And this movie is funny?"

"Is the news funny?"

"I see," I said. I smiled. "Hurry up, I miss my pillow."

He stopped what he was doing for a second and looked back at me. He had a big smile on his face. He really liked introducing me to things. I could tell. He broke eye contact and finished putting the DVD in.

Two and a half movies later, my abs kind of hurt from laughing so much and we were deep into a more drama and action filled movie that was just barely keeping me awake. The clock read 3:30 and Tucker was glued to the television screen, absentmindedly running his hand up and down my bag and unknowingly putting me to sleep.

Last thing I remember is snuggling up closer to him as the night set the cold in deeper.