Paper Planes

Twenty-Five

"It's pizza topping, just slather some on and take a bite. It'll make it taste so much better, trust me," he said.

"But, I thought this was potato topping?"

"It's good for everything," he said. "Here, just take a bite." I bit into his slice of pizza that was smothered in ranch sauce. I chewed and swallowed. "Soooo...."

"It's pretty good," I said. We chewed in silence for a while. We were sitting in the living room listening to more of his bad music over the stereo. "My bones hurt," I said.

He laughed. "I know. Crashing that many times probably beat us up pretty badly."

I groaned and laid back on the couch. "So what movies are we watching tonight?"

He looked at me and smiled. That same smile from last night.

"Well, we have Zoolander, more Will Ferrell, then we can Fight Club, for a more serious effect, then we can finish it up with the next episode of Star Wars."

"Sounds excellent," I said.

"So get out our pajamas, make some popcorn, and I'll put in the DVD's."

I started the popcorn and got into my pajamas. I laid Tucker's sweatpants out on the bottom of the bed and grabbed the popcorn. I opened it up and laid it on the bed side table.

I heard opening music and people speaking and then Tucker took off his shirt and jeans and crawled up next to me. He pressed a button to turn off the light, turn on the fire, and then pressed play.

We watched the first movie while my mind was somewhere else. Tucker asked me if I enjoyed the movie, and I told him I did. He put in the next movie quickly.

"Tucker?" I said.

"Yeah, Padma?" he said back. I re-positioned myself so that my body was facing him a little more directly.

"I want to tell you something."

He laughed at me. Then his face grew serious like mine. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing's wrong, I'm just not sure how you will react."

"Well, shoot."

"Pardon?"

"Go ahead and say it, honey."

I bit my lip, "I really am truly sorry that you're being forced into marriage so young."

"But--"

"Tucker. I know you say you are fine with this, and I know that we have been having fun lately, but I don't want you to grow to regret this decision. If you ever want to talk about it, I would understand if you wished to not go through with it."

He paused the movie and sat up across from me. "Padma, I told you that I'd do this. I'm going to do it." I smiled at his words. "I mean, plus, we're having so much fun together. I don't want you to go back home! It would be like losing my best friend."

Those words stung, slightly. I know my knowledge of spoken English isn't that great. I know that there are connotations of words and idioms in American culture that I don't understand. But I understand the difference between girlfriend and friend.

"Thank you, Tucker," I said, leaning in to hug him. I hoped he didn't see my smile falter. We returned to watching the movies.

The next day, the snow plows had come and started cleaning up a little more. We were able to leave a day after that.

Over all, the skii trip was very enjoyable. The word friend still manages to upset me, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate not updating. I just forget that I have a mibba. =/ Sorry guys!