Arranged Marriage to My Boyfriend's Twin?

Chapter 68

Allison’s P.O.V

Carlton Andrew Renn do you take Allison Grace Evelyn Lillian McDowell to be your lawfully wedded wife?
I do.
Allison Grace Evelyn Lillian McDowell do you take Carlton Andrew Renn to be you lawfully wedded husband?
I…I-I-I…


I sat up in my bed shaking and sweating. Today was the day. At exactly twelve o’clock I was going to say those two dreaded words; I do.
I had to practise them.

“I do. I do. I do. I do. I do. I do. I do.” I said over and over again. “I do.”

I looked over at the clock, and sure enough it was five to seven. I had five minutes before my damn alarm clock went off telling me I had to get so I could go to the hair dressers and get my make up done.
Mrs Renn had bought me a whole new wardrobe for the honey moon so I didn’t need to pack.
My dress was already at the church and I’d be getting ready there and Mrs Renn has sorted out everything else.

Beep Beep Beep Be-

I hit the alarm clock as hard as possible and got out of bed just as the door swung open.

“Allison! Dude! Arh! It’s your big day! Wow! Arh! Are you coming or what?! We have a tight schedule!” Mia half screamed half said

I laughed and followed Mia as she skipped down the steps. She’s just so…I don’t know! She’s like a younger version of me and Hannah mixed together.

“Allison! There you are! You’re three and a half minutes late! Here” Mrs Renn said shoving a cup of Starbucks coffee at me “I got you coffee but you have no time for breakfast because you’re so late. We’re going to get your hair done first, then your make up, and then we’ve got to go pick up the wedding rings, then we’re going to the church. You can eat breakfast there.”

Dude, you’re three minutes late! That’s hardly anything! We should show her late.

I barely had time to say ‘okay’ before Mrs Renn grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the limo with Hannah, Riley and Mia.

“Okay so you’re all having your hair done at where you visited yesterday. I assume you’ve all decided on how you’re having your hair styled.” Mrs Renn said

“Err…no. The lady only asked me so we just th-” I began before Mrs Renn cut me off

“What?! I specifically told Claire to ask you all. The stupid fucking idiot! Now what am I going to do?! Okay Allison how should they have their hair?”

“Umm…I don’t know, in one of those twisty bun things?” I half asked half stated

“Okay I’ll text the salon now. Claire is in it deep” She growled which evidently scared me.

As soon as the car stopped we got out of the car and walked into the salon, and as we had our hair done Mrs Renn was glaring at the clock.

Dude what the hell is she trying to do? Stop time or something?

It took an hour for my hair to be done (even though the lady was only curling my hair) because my hair was so long and thick, but Hannah’s, Riley’s and Mia’s was done within ten minutes or so, and I’m sure they were more than slightly bored.
But the thing is, when Hannah gets bored she has to do something to make herself less bored.
And…well let’s just say she ended up with green hair.

“What the hell?!” Mrs Renn screamed when she saw Hannah’s hair “What have you done to the Maid of Honour?! Who did this?! I demand to know who did this!”

Everything in the salon went quiet before this extremely nervous looking girl stepped forward “I did, she asked me too.”

Mrs Renn started laughing. Not happy laughing though, more like evil laughing “What?! You fucking idiot! Allison can’t get married with a maid of honour that has green hair! You fucking idiot! Just fix it. Fix it now!”

There was another silence before the same girl stepped forward again “We can’t. There are too many chemicals in the dye I used so dying her back to normal would melt her hair.”

Mrs Renn just stood there and stared at the poor girl (who at the moment looked like a deer caught in head lights) “It will melt her hair?” Mrs Renn said controlling her anger as much as possible “Melt her fucking hair?! Does it look like I actually give a flip?! Well?! Does it?!”

The girl shook her head vigorously making Mrs Renn laugh her evil laugh again “You bet your bottom dollar it doesn’t. Fix it.”

“B-B-But I just told you we can’t re-dye her hair for a few weeks.”

“I never said dye it! Did I?! No! I said fix it. Fix it. Now. Go!”

“What’s all the shouting about?” Claire said walking into the main hair part of the salon “Oh! I should have known it was you. Well? What’s wrong?”

Mrs Renn pointed to Hannah’s hair “They dyed her hair green.”

Claire stood hand on hip looking at Hannah’s hair from different angles “Who dyed it dear?” She asked Hannah

“I did.” The girl said stepping forward.

Claire raised her eyebrow “Trisha could you go clean the sink you used it still has green dye in it hon. Well you can’t re-dye your hair for about…two or three weeks.”

Mrs Renn sighed “We know that. How do we fix it though?”

Claire smirked “A wig?”

Mrs Renn glared at her “A wig?

“Yes I believe I just said a wig.” Claire said imitating Mrs Renn’s voice.

Mrs Renn handed a wad of notes to Claire and motioned for us to follow her to the car.

“What the hell am I going to do?!” She shouted scaring people walking past her “You’re just going to have to have green hair I suppose…What time is it?”

She looked at her watched and gasped We’re off schedule! Shit! We were supposed to be at the make up artist’s five minutes ago. Fuck! Get in the car girls!”

Once we were in the car there was an uncomfortable silence before Mrs Renn sighed.

“Hannah why did you ask her to dye your hair green?”

Hannah just shrugged “Boredom.”

Mrs Renn scoffed but kept quiet; I think she knew that arguing with Hannah on a normal day wouldn’t be a good idea, let alone the day her best friend has to marry a bastard she doesn’t like…

“We’re here. Now listen to me and listen well because I won’t say this more than once; if any of you do anything stupid I will kick you out of the wedding.” Mrs Renn hissed

“Firstly, you can’t kick Allison out of the wedding because it’s her wedding, and secondly you can’t kick someone out of Allison’s wedding because it’s Allison’s wedding and she calls the shots. Not you.” Hannah said rolling her eyes.

“Shut up!” She hissed then walked up to this random guy “Hershel! Long time no see!”

The guy (who was so blatantly gay that it didn’t surprise me when he started talking with a gay lisp) turned around and clapped his hands “Darling! It had been far to long! Never be afraid to drop by and see little old Hershel! I miss my friends coming to see me! So whose big day is it to day?” He squealed walking up to me smiling “She’s beautiful! I will work wonders on this girl! Come along then darling! Maya, James and Reece will be taking care of the other three.” He said dragging me to a near by seating and pushing me down in it “Now what’s the theme?”

“Black and white.” I said

He thought for a second then smiled “I have the perfect idea! I’m thinking about going for smoky eyes, glossy lips and a slight hint of blush. What do you think?”

I just shrugged as Hershel started to take out brushes and tweezers and god knows what else!

So from what he explained I thought it would take…what? Half an hour at tops, if that. It took him two hours to do my make up! Two hours!

“Hershel hurry up! We’ve only got two hours until the wedding and we need to be there soon!”

“But darling! You can’t rush a masterpiece!”

“Hershel!” Mrs Renn threatened.

“Fine! I’m finished. But it would have looked so much better if you let me take my time!”

Mrs Renn grinned as I turned to face her “Hershel! You are amazing!

He smiled at her “I know, I know.”

“Allison hurry up! We have to get to the church on time and it an hour from here!” Mrs Renn said walking out of the door and getting back into the car.

Once we were all in the car I checked everyone else’s make up. They all had pretty much the same type, all very neutral and not very colourful. “Dude! This make up is making my eyes water!” Riley complained making Mrs Renn glare at her.

“It doesn’t matter! Do you want this wedding to be perfect?! If so then you will shut up and stop complaining!”

Riley muttered something that sounded a lot like ‘stupid bitch’ but I couldn’t be sure.

---Time skip (At the church)---

“We’re here! Allison get out! We need you in your dress now! We’ve only got half an hour left thanks to the traffic! Oh no! The guest’s are arriving!” Mrs Renn said literally dragging me out of the car.

Damn psycho bitch.

I stumbled into a back room where all my accessories and dress was and I hurriedly got ready while Mrs Renn walked off looking for someone.

“Allison!” Hannah said running into the room I was in “We’ve found you!”

I laughed as Riley and Mia ran into the room as well “Jess called! Jess! She called! It was Christa that threw her out of the car! She did everything! And Christa had planned to break you and Carlton up! If it wasn’t for her they you and Carlton would still be together!” Mia said jumping up and down “She’s trying to get you to back out of the wedding! You and Carlton can be happy now because it wasn’t his fault!”

I smiled at her and looked down at the floor “But he told her he loved her. She didn’t make him say that, did she?”

Mia stopped jumping “Oh. There is always that though.”

Mrs Renn ran into the room looking like a mad woman “Now! You need to be walking down the isle now.

I stopped “Who’s taking me down the isle?”

Mrs Renn dragged me out of the room and pushed me into…Aiden?

“Aiden is! Now go!” She said pushing open two doors and the whole church turned around to stare at me. There were gasps and lots of whispering, but I think the funniest thing was the fact that Carlton’s jaw had all but hit the floor.

I walked up to The Alter and faced Carlton as the vicar started to say something about something or other.
I could see so much regret and love in Carlton’s eyes and it was then I knew that he truly was sorry.

“Carlton Andrew Renn, do you take Allison Grace Evelyn Lillian McDowell to be your lawfully wedded wife?” The vicar asked

Carlton smiled at me and nodded “Of course I do! I love this girl.”

The vicar chuckled and turned to me “Allison Grace Evelyn Lillian McDowell do you take Carlton Andrew Renn to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

It was at that point I realised it. I realised what I wanted, and it was defiantly not here. I didn’t want Carlton, I didn’t want his riches, I didn’t want his family and I didn’t want to marry this young!
I felt myself look around the church and out of the hundreds that were here I recognised four faces; my Grandma, my aunt, my Nanny and my father. I didn’t belong here!
If I stayed I'd become a stay at home mum that goes insane from only talking to her children! I can't do it. i won't do it.

I could feel tears prick in my eyes and I grabbed the hem off my dress and ran out of the hall. I ran as hard and as far as I could away from the church.
I ran away from it all.
I just ran and ran.

And although I didn’t realise it then, this was just the start of a new life. A life that was everything but perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's finally finished!
I did it!
I actually finished a story! Yay!
The sequel might not be out for a while though...give me a week or two.
Thank you if you've ever commented or just subscribed or whatever.

Chow for now my darlings!!!