Sequel: Whispered Memories

Screaming Dreams

Chapter Thirteen; Epilogue.

Epilogue.

It has been four months since the wedding and things were going fine. I had taken the role of a young housewife while Arthur was the working husband. You could say my life was like a story now, only it wasn't. There was no spark, no romance in our relationship. It felt as though I was married to a dear friend, and nothing more. Mother keeps telling me that something will grow out of this, and maybe she's right. I do hope that she's right. It would be dreadful to live a life without romance, without passion.

Speaking of love, there has not been a day when Edward is not haunting my mind. During the first month, every time I thought of him I was sent into a hysterical fit. Arthur thought it was his fault, that the marriage was what bothered me so. I still haven't told him of Edward, and I don't think I ever will. But now, when I think of Edward, it isn't so bad. I cry still, of course, but only a few tears flow down my cheeks. I'm trying to block Edward out of my thoughts completely, but it never works. When he refuses to leave my mind, I usually busy myself with pointless cleaning: the house is always spotless.

Arthur has been very supportive of me and he comforts me when I am sad. He has yet to try to have his way with me, for which I am glad. I could not handle it. I'm afraid that I would snap if he did try. Still, I am very grateful for him. He's quite funny and charming, and sometimes I do find myself lost in his eyes, but I think it could never be anything serious. I am thankful most times that it was Arthur I was arranged to be wed with and not some masochistic pig.

On one Saturday evening, as we were sitting at dinner, I found Arthur acting rather strange. He would glance at me, then look away once I noticed his gaze. This happened often, and it bothered me. I shrugged it off until the meal was over. Then, it got worse.

Arthur approached me as the butler was gathering the plates and cleaning off the table. "I have something of great importance that I must tell you," he said.

I looked up into his golden eyes, "What is it?" I was honestly curious now.

He sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened them, they seemed to have a slight burning quality to them. I couldn't look away from him. "I am a monster of the worst sorts. And I am truly sorry for what I am about to do to you. But I've waited so long for a partner, you must understand that. You have proved to be suitable, so I must make you mine. I would like to spend all eternity with you, Amelia."

Something in his tone made me believe what he said. Still, my brain didn't seem to comprehend. Arthur was a monster? I'm a suitable partner? What did he mean? "But," I started, confused, "we are actually married, so I am your partner," I said weakly.

Arthur frowned, yet he still looked like a god. "Amelia, you don't understand, and I assume you won't for a while. I am truly sorry for what I am about to do. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

As I started to ask another question, Arthur leaned down as if to kiss my neck. I felt his cold, marble lips on my skin. I then felt his exceptionally sharp teeth against my neck. I gasped as a searing pain ran throughout my body. Unbelievably, he had bitten me. It felt as if fire was spreading through my veins. I started to scream, but to no avail: Arthur kept a locked grip on me and wouldn't release me. The world around me then started to fade, darkness taking place of the vivid colors.

"I'm sorry," I heard Arthur whispered. It sounded as though he was miles away.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I tried to full my lungs with air, but they just wouldn't work. I thought this was the end, my death; that I would soon be with Edward. And then all went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of imagined this chapter being written in a dear diary style, almost. Instead of achieving that, I made it suck balls. It's the end, and there's a sequel, with one chapter, that's been neglected since January. I'll try to write more on it.