Silence

Sixxx.

Lyla. Lyla talked. Lyla talked a lot. You could definitely tell that she was a party girl. She looked like the girls on the magazine covers at the super market. She was definitely glamorous. She was already dressed to party. She looked nice. Most women might kill for her Jimmy Choo shoes. I’m not most women. They were alright looking, but the way she winced whenever she walked made me scared of them. I could see the back of her heals were red. I felt bad for her, but she brought it upon herself.

Lyla was currently doing my make up and hair. Before, she made me put on a strapless black dress that cut off mid-thigh. Thankfully, I shaved my legs that morning because they felt very unpleasant. I tried to ask Lyla for another outfit, but she talks. A lot. I couldn’t get the tiniest word in edgewise. So, I was stuck with the very revealing dress.

When she was finished with my make up and hair, she let me look in the mirror. I was in both shock and awe. Now I looked like one of the girls on the cover of the magazines. I was horrified. I wanted to take my hand and wipe all of the eyeliner and foundation away. But, I didn’t. I looked good. I felt good. The only thing I didn’t like was my hair. It was in a bun on top of my head. It honestly looked ridiculous. I frowned at the reflection.

“You’re right. The hair looks bad. But I have an idea.” She smiled and took the bun down. My long brown hair cascaded down my back, reaching almost to my butt.

“Do you mind if I trim it a little?” she asked. I looked at her through the mirror in horror. “Just a little. I swear.” She held up a pair of scissors.

“Have you cut hair before?”

“I own a salon. I do the hair of celebrities all of the time.” She laughed. No wonder she had such a big townhouse.

“Just a trim.” I warned her. I closed my eyes and let her go to town. When I reopened them, I was that she took more off than I had anticipated. It now went down a little past my shoulders. And it was layered. I’d never gotten layers before.

“Ok, so I’m just going to put some curls in and you’ll be good to go.” She smiled again. Then, she started on this big story from when she and Grayson where children. It seems Grayson was never one to willingly take a bath and would hide from the nanny. Yes, the nanny. Seems that the family of Grayson and Lyla was loaded, probably another reason for her big townhouse.

“Finished!” she clapped her hands happily and fluffed my hair a bit. It looked pretty, but it was only hair. “Let’s go downstairs and show Grayson!”

I attempted to walk down the stairs in the heels she gave me. Granted, they were only three inches, but still very hard to walk in. I finally made it to the lat step, and unfortunately tripped. I knew it was going to happen to I braced my self for the impact of the fall, but low and behold, there was Grayson, in all his glory, helping me up after catching me.

“You look gorgeous.” He smiled. I just looked at him.

“Thank you.” I told him, turning away. I suddenly felt embarrassed. A rarity for me.

“You’re quite welcome. Are you ready to go?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I mumbled.

“Lyla, are you coming?” Grayson called up the stairs. I winced at the yelling. Grayson noticed and gave me an apologetic look.

Lyla ran down the stairs, still in her heels, with a jacket in her hand. “No, I’m not going. But you’ll need this.”

She helped me put the jacket on and smiled.

“I want a picture of you. For the salon. I’m so proud of my work!” she squealed and took a camera off of the table next to the couch she was standing by. I awkwardly smiled as she took the picture. “You are so pretty.”

“Because of you.” I reminded her.

“You were pretty anyway. I just used the make up to enhance your beauty. No wonder Grayson has been chasing you.” She winked and I looked over at Grayson, who was staring at his sister, mouth hanging open.

“We better get going.” He finally said, placing a hand on the small of my back and pushing me to the front door.

“Thank you.” I called to Lyla. She waved to me, and soon walked out of my site. I turned back to Grayson. “Chasing me?”

“She’s delusional.” He laughed. I let it go. She was a bit… imaginative.

“So, you don’t work because your parents are rich?” I asked.

“Were rich.” He corrected me. I gave him a questioning look as he turned to look at me. “They died a couple of years ago.”

“I’m sorry.” I looked at his face to see his reaction. He only smiled.

“It’s alright. They were good people, they’re in a better place.” At that I was jealous of him. I wish I could have that philosophy on death. Sure, it was a beautiful thing. It’s a part of life. But, I still hate to so my loved ones go. It’s hard.

“That’s true.” I replied in the only way I could think of. He hailed another taxi and told them that we were headed to The Bitter End. My eyebrows rose at the name. It didn’t sound very ‘fun’.

“I think you’ll like it. It’s a really laid back place. Great music. Great drinks.” He smiled. I sighed and looked out of the window. The Bitter End?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I looked up club names for this. It was the first and only one I looked at. It looked awesome, so I thought I'd put it in here. =]

I think this will be my last update for the day. Unless I get a few comments. It'll definitley motivate me. =]