‹ Prequel: Fur Immer Heilig Sein
Status: Hiatus, but you already guessed that. Chapters may be coming soon, but VERY slowly.

Dann Sind Wir Endlich Frei

Sympathy Sticks

Bill’s POV

Ok, 3 weeks till the wedding! The time has just flown by! Emily is out buying her dress today while I have an important job to do that should have been dealt with months ago, but never was. Tom, Georg and Gustav were all here, Kate and Rhi, they stay in England now. Something happened between the girls, I don’t know what exactly, but something.

‘Tom, I know I should have asked sooner and everything but, you’ll be my best man won’t you?’ Why it’s taken this long for me to ask I have no idea.

‘I thought you weren’t gonna have a best man with how long I’ve been waiting to here you say those words! Duh! Of course I will.’

‘Awkward man hug?’

‘Sure why not?’ and so we did.

‘You guys understand right?’

‘Totally, I mean, come on, he’s your twin. Did we really expect to stand a chance?!’ Georg joked. I liked that he understood. ‘Bill, actually, can I have a word please?’

‘Sure, we’ll be back in a minute you guys.’ We went into the kitchen and he closed the door. ‘S’up Georg?’

‘A few weeks ago, when you and Emily were at that interview, and I baby-sat. you got a phone call. They didn’t leave a message, they just left their name.’

‘Why didn’t you tell me before? Who was it?’

‘I was a girl, her name was Josie. Bill, who’s Josie? Why is she ringing you, you’re about to be married in three weeks, you have 2 kids. You have to stop this now, before Emily finds out, or worse. Before I tell her.’

‘Georg no you don’t…’

‘You’ve done enough.’ He walked out of the kitchen obviously quite adamant about this. Why has this happened?!

Tom’s POV

‘As Georg came through the door Emily also made her way in, but she didn’t look as happy as a girl who’s getting married in three weeks should do. Either that, or she’s crying with happiness.

‘Emily what’s wrong?’ I asked as Bill seemed absent.

‘My Mum called, it’s my Dad. He can’t come to the wedding.’ Streams of tears were staining her cheeks with her lack make-up.

‘Emily, it’s… it’s ok. We’ll send him picture of you over and we can visit.’ I’m not good at this comforting thing, then again. Neither is Bill when he finally comes back from the kitchen.

‘No, you don’t understand, I can’t see him again. Ever. Tom he died last night, in his sleep. They said it was cancer, undetected.’ Oh man.

‘Bill! Get in here! Now!’ I shouted as Emily drowned in her own tears, there’s a thought where are the twins? ‘Emily where are the twins? I’ll go take care of them for a while.’

‘Thanks, they’re just in the pushchair, if you want to take them for a walk around the garden a bit I want them to go to sleep.’ I got up and left while Bill ran in and embraced Emily tightly as she wept into his chest. Gustav came with me on my walk around the garden.

‘That’s harsh on her. Can you imagine what she’ll be like at the wedding. I mean who’s going to give her away?’

‘I know, you can just it her crying at her own wedding. I don’t want that for her, and not for Bill.’ Sarah and Emi turned up in a taxi and came over to us. ‘Hey, Emily’s Dad just died.’

‘We know, we were out shopping when her Mum phone, we stayed out to buy our shoes. Do you think we should go in?’ Emi seemed concerned whereas Sarah, Sarah didn’t really say much at all.

‘No, just wait a while till she’s calmed down. She’s in there with Bill and Georg.’

Emily’s POV

‘Bill, what am I going to do? My Dad just died, my brother won’t talk to me. Kate and Rhi decided that they hate me… everything is just going wrong.’

‘It’s alright. I’ll get you through this. Come here.’ Bill pulled me tighter to him while I soaked his shirt. Georg was sat on his other side, he seemed to be in a mood.

‘Georg, will… will you give me away?’ I stuttered.

‘I’m sorry. I don’t think I can.’ He gave Bill the evil eye before getting up to leave he took his coat and said he would be back later. ‘What’s happened with him?’

‘I think he’s got the wrong end of the stick. Y’know Josie?’

‘You’re cousin, yeah?’

‘Well, Georg doesn’t know Josie, and when he was baby-sitting the other week she called and was asking for me. Georg thinks that she some girl I’m cheating on you with. I didn’t get chance to explain to him because he stormed out of the kitchen then you came in and well, after that you know everything.’

‘So, Georg thought you were cheating on me, with a girl named Josie. Because she rang up and was asking if you were here? How does he not know Josie?’

‘I don’t know. I thought he did anyway, she rang yesterday, the reason she was wanting to talk to me was to say that she can come now. You remember she couldn’t before because she had to go into work? Anyway she can come now.’

‘Oh good, well I bought my dress. It’s in the back of the car.’

‘Can I see it?’ Pouting he looked cute as ever.

‘No you may not! It’s bad luck! By the way how are you having your hair for the wedding?’

‘Well, I’m not sure. It’s weird enough I’m wearing a suit.’

‘You’re wearing a suit?’ I laughed at the thought of it. I jus can’t imagine him in one!

‘What’s wrong with me wearing a suit?!’

‘It’s just, I can’t imagine it that’s all. I thought you were just going to wear some smart shiny clothes. But a suit is good, after-all. It is a wedding.’ I smiled. Talking about the wedding was calming me down. In the end Bill decided he wasn’t going to have his hair huge, but it wasn’t going to be down completely either. We settled for messy. ‘Do you think Georg will give me away after we explain?’

‘I’m definitely. But, what about Gustav?’

‘What about him?’

‘Well, wouldn’t this be a good way for you to connect with him? You don’t know each other that well. I know been months but, you’re closer to everyone else.’ On the sofa the sun fell and we heard everyone go in the back door to the kitchen. The fire was lit and I was snuggled close into Bill.

‘Bill, I know we’re not that close, that’s why I wasn’t going to ask him. The reason I asked Georg was because if I have a problem I know I can always go to him if you’re not there. He’s been like my Dad while my parents weren’t there. Please Bill, I promise I’ll “connect” with Gustav properly when we come back off the honeymoon. You’ll let me ask Georg again won’t you?’

‘Of course, it’s not my decision to make. Anyway, come on. Lets go get the twins, I expect they must be waking by now.’ He got up to leave but I stopped him and stood to him.

‘I love you.’

‘I love you two, more than anything.’ A soft kiss said everything. As we made out way into the kitchen everyone greeted us with a sympathetic smile. The next few nights are going to be rough until the funeral.
♠ ♠ ♠
aawww.....
I know... I'm sorry I landed you guys straight back in with the drama!
but that's how we like it eh...?