Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 10

-2 weeks later-

I was officially tired of moping around my house. I hadn't really slept that much, I probably looked like a zombie. And I was still really confused. I hadn't seen Nate in two weeks, and even though he had tried to call me about 30 times a day, I hadn't answered nor responded to any of them.

*ring* *ring*

My cell phone rung and slid across the countertop as it vibrated. I looked at the caller ID. Private.

"Hello?" I managed to croak out. "EMMY! Finally you answered, I thought if I tried putting my number on private maybe you'd answer. Emmy I'm really sorry about everything how about-" Click.

I snapped my phone shut. No boy contact, I decided. Even if............I did maybe like Nate. A little. Even though I didn't want to admit it. I knew I did. My phone vibrated again. Text message.

"Fine." It said. "I'm coming over. And don't even try to leave. I'll be there in 5 minutes." Oh great, I thought. I decided to go get dressed and at least put a little make-up on. Even though the probability of me letting him was about 1,000-1.

I heard the doorbell and rushed downstairs, then shouted through the door. "NO!"

He heard me. "I know where the spare key is." he taunted. "You can either do this the easy way, or I will come in."

I screamed and ran upstairs to my room. I heard the door unlock and Nate come in. I locked my bedroom door and blasted my iPod.

"Emmy." I heard him knock on the door. "I am going to wait here until you come out. And you better believe me." I sighed and flopped onto my bed. He was not winning this time. Absolutely not. I would just have to wait him out.

"Emmy." he finally pleaded, after only a mere 30 minutes. I had this in the bag. "Please."
My face crumpled though as I heard his beautiful pleading voice. I sighed and turned off my radio.

I opened the door cautiously.

Nate grabbed me around the waist and pulled me outside. And kissed me. Angrily.

I froze, but slowly gave in as he forced my lips open. After a few minutes, he stopped and looked at me, still holding onto my shoulders. I froze and just stood there with my eyes closed. "Are you done?!" I hissed. "And will you please STOP trying to kiss me?"

He sighed. "I....I love you Emmy." I paused. What?! I almost stopped breathing, even though my heart was going so fast I thought it was going to explode out of my chest.

"Well then, this is a one sided relationship." It was the only thing i could come up with. You know those people who always come up with really good comebacks 5 minutes AFTER they needed them? That was me.

He rolled his eyes. "You don't like me then? At all?" he asked.

"I-I...........maybe," I pouted, folding my arms across my chest.

"Come on," he said. "I've got a plan." He grabbed my hand and pulled me lightly down the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm. I don't know if I like it.
BUT that's ok (:

If you've read this, will you please leave a comment?
It would really mean a lot to me, and I would update mooooore. (: