Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 11

"Naaaatee." I whined as he sped down the street. "Where are we going?" He shook his head. "Not telling." I pouted. I had been doing that a lot these days. "Fine." I sat back in my seat, picking at the dark blue nailpolish on my fingers.
________________________________________________________________

"Emmy." someone whispered, playing with my hair. "We're here." I opened my eyes to find Nate standing over me, trying to wake me up.

"How long have a been sleeping?" I asked. He shrugged. "4......5 hours."

My eyes widened. "Butt. Have not." I said, slapping his arm.

He laughed lightly. "About 20 minutes." He said, scooping me up in his arms. I frowned. "I am capable of walking."

He promptly dropped me. "Follow me." he said, taking a fairly large tote from the truck and walking towards a large expansion of woods. But I could still smell the sea, and could barely make out a few seagulls in the distance. But I didn't hear any waves crashing. Which meant we weren't that close to the ocean.

"So..what are we doing??" I asked, still curious. He smiled. "Taking a hike, and then having a picnic, he pointed to the canvas tote. I squealed. "I LOVE picnics!!" I said, running to catch up with him.

My burst of happiness with him suprised him. He paused.

"Good." he said, then reached out to take my hand. "Nate-" I started. "Shh." he said. "Just so you don't trip, that's all."

Happiness gone. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

After about an hour, my stomach started to growl. "We almost there? I'm getting hungwy."

He looked down at me. Ahh, he had the prettiest brown eyes. "Um...I-I can't find the spot." he said, stopping and looking down at his feet.

"Nate......Hahahaha. Funny. You're hilarious. We're not lost."

He coughed. "Well, I mean, I could probably find the way back to the truck.

PROBABLY?! Probably wasn't good enough. Probably wasn't going to get me home. Probably wasn't going to get me out of the woods with Nate. I spun around on my heel, yelling at him. I was just going to have to find my own way home..even if I had the worst sense of direction. Shit.

"PROBABLY?! PROBAB-"

He grabbed my shoulders. "Emmy, now calm down. We'll find our way back."

I tapped my foot, impatient. "Well?"

He looked around. "Oh shit. Emmy, I have no clue where we are," he said, running his hand through his shaggy brown hair. I would usually find this extremely attractive. Now was not one of those times.

I gaped at him. "We ARE lost?!"

He pulled out his cell. "I can just call somebody to......find us." He flipped it open. "Damn." He showed the phone to me. "No reception." he whispered.

I sunk down onto a stump. "Great." I said. "I'm lost in a forest. With you."

"Oh, gee, thanks." he said sarcastically.

"Well," he said, changing his tone to........wait.............was I detecting.............cheerfulness??????

"I guess we can have our picnic now."

Are you kidding me? I am lost in the freaking woods with some guy who had just professed his love for me. A hot guy, who I also might possibly like, but was vehemitly denying it for my own sanity. I mean he was sweet, and fun, and sens- WHAT THE HELL?! I needed to be slapped.

I looked up to see that Nate had laid out all of the food, and it looked delicious. He must have spent a lot of time on it....or his mother had made it. I was leaning towards the second option.

He grinned. "Dig in."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK people. I have been nice. Not anymore. I've gotten only a few comments. Which isn't good enougghhh. RAWR. So you people either comment, or no more updates. I need 5 or more, from different people. Otherwise, no update. So, to the people who HAVE commented, you are very good people. And I love you.

Thank youu(: