Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 12

Crap. It was getting dark. And cold. And I think I was shivering, because Nate was looking at me funny. "Are you cold??" he asked me.

"N-N-No." I lied, chattering.

He took off his hoodie and wrapped it around me. "N-Nate you don't h-h-have to g-give me your h-hodie." I managed to finish, becoming more thawed as Nate's hoodie enveloped me in warmth.

"It's ok, don't worry about it." he smiled and wrapped his arms around me. Geez. Why were guys always so............warm?? I leaned into him, trying to fight off my exhuastion. He seemed to be reading my mind.

"I have a blanket, we can sleep for a bit if you want." "I guess.." I said, yawning.

He pulled the blanket out of the bag and layed it down on what looked like a small patch of grass. He scooped me up and layed me on one side, and him on the other half. But he pulled me gently into his chest. I soon drifted to sleep, no longer able to ignore my exhaustion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was that.....divine smell? And then I remembered where I was. Lost in the forest, curled up against Nate's chest. I turned around to face him. HA. Still asleep.
I slowly lifted his hands off of me and quietly stood up to hide behind a tree. A few minutes later his hands started moving around, probably to look for me, but his eyes were still closed.

"Em." he mumbled. I tried not to giggle. "EM!" he shot up straight and looked around as I darted behind the tree again.

"EMMY! EMMY!" he called, standing up. "Crap. Where IS she??" He grabbed the blanket, folded it, and started towards the tree. "EEEEEMMMMYYYYYY." he called.

As soon as he passed the tree I jumped on his back. "BOO!" I shouted in his ear.

"AHHH SHIT!" He took off running with me still on his back...until he realized it was just me.
I giggled. "Had to be done." I said.

".....Alright very funny. Haha. You got me. Thank you for giving me two heart attacks." I frowned. "Two??" I asked, leaning around and setting my chin on his shoulder. Aww, he was gonna say how the first one was when he thought I was gone. "Yeah." he started. "I thought you took my food, too."

I pinched him, "Jerk."

He grinned. "Ok. So we have a wiiiddee selection of breakfast foods." He said, setting me down and opening the canvas bag.

"......Uhh......Emmy. Did you........eat all of this?? Geez you must of been hungry it looks like a freakin bear tore into it." I stood there puzzled. "I didn't eat anything..." I said.

"Soo...uhh....who..........?" he trailed off. I shuddered. God knows what it was. Creepy. And, we now didn't have any food. I looked down at my stomach. It was already starting to growl again. "I don't know, but let's get out of here." I suggested, and started walking again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"HA!" I shouted. "I TOTALLY JUST GOT US BACK TO THE ROAD!" I looked around. "AND THERE'S THE TRUCK!" I said, pointing to Nate's truck, a few yards down the road. I ran into Nate and smoothly jumped over the massize fallen tree a few yards in front of us.

"Wow." he stated. "Tre impressive."

He stuck up his hand for a high five.

"Thank God." I said, as he strode down the road. "I don't know how much longer I could be stuck in there without going crazy. Nice idea though, the picnic and stuff. Maybe no nature next time??"

He laughed. "Deal. So you wanna get something to eat?" I sighed. Food. I was starving...but....no way was I going out in public like this. "Can I get cleaned up first??" He smiled. "Sure. You can come over if you want. My sister has some clothes you can borrow. She's in Jamaica, and........." he observed me for a minute. "About you're size." He finished. "Ok." I nodded. I was so glad to finally get back to civilization. I know, I know. It was only a night. But...me plus nature equals......unbalance in earthly forces. Ugh.

After a half an hour, we were at Nate's house. It was completely awesome. All of the outside walls were made of glass, and the only real walls were inside, but they were made out of what looked like bamboo. The only way to get privacy from the outside were huge, brightly colored curtains you could drag across the giant walls/windows....whatever you wanted to call them. How freaking awesome. I wondered how much it cost to build a home like this.

"Can..............I stay here forever??" I asked, gaping at the huge house in front of me. He laughed.

We walked up to the house, and he pulled out his key. "Couldn't a robber just break through the glass though, if he wanted to come in??" I asked just as he stuck the key in the lock.

He smiled and kicked the glass as hard as he could. "It's bulletproof. Hard as metal."

He unlocked the door and stepped in with me. "Oh."

"Ok, so, my rooms upstairs, I have a bathroom and everything, but don't worry it's not surrounded by glass...otherwise...that..might...be...awkward.. You can use it first, and I'll get you some clothes. Unless you're worried I'll pick a hideous outfit...which I might." He grinned evily.

I laughed. "Nah, it's ok."

He dashed out of his room and came back with a pair of sweats, a tank top, and a hoodie. "Cool." I said, and took them into the bathroom. Wow. His bathroom was awesome too....and clean. Which totally contradicted his room, a complete mess. I showered and dressed and walked out of the bathroom, dropping my towel in his laundry basket. "Your turn." I said, hopping into the bed. He tossed me the remote that went with his at least 50 inch widescreen TV mounted onto the wall. "Be out in a few."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks for dinner." I smiled, still sipping on my to-go pina colada. "No problem." He smiled his cute lop-sided grin again, and led me to the truck. It was still only 6:00. My aunt wouldn't be home for another two hours. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay you-"

"No." he said sternly. "It's my treat."

I shrugged. "Ok."

We drove back to my house, and he walked me to the door. "I-I'm really sorry about getting us lost." he said, hanging his head.

And then, for a few moments, I think I went completely insane. I lifted his chin up, and slowly pressed my lips against his, cautious. He slipped a hand around my waist and held my face closer to his. I slipped my hand into my pocket, still kissing him, and unlocked the door, walking slowly into the house. He picked me up, and carried me upstairs, his lips still locked with mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmmm. Do you like?
I'm not sure.......I mean it's not terrible...but I think I could have done better.
It's late. I should be doing homework. And I have not had caffeine. Not my fault....sort of.
Comment and subscribe, pleasseeeee????
(:thankyouss