Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 14

I heard a soft beeping in the background, and I slowly opened the eye that wasn't bruised and taped up.

Oh no, what- what happened

I peered around to the left, and there was Nate, head resting near my side, asleep, and holding my hand.

I coughed.

His head jolted up, and I laughed at his misheveled hair.

"Emmy, you're awake. Oh, God, I was-"

But I leaned over, wincing as my side ached, and kissed him.

"Don't- don't move. I know it hurts."

"It's fine, Nate...But- what happened? I know Wade-" I paused, trying to remember.

"Yeah," Nate said softly. "Yeah....Wade broke in, and I came down, and you were just lying on the floor with him standing over you." He paused again. "I'm sorry, Emmy. It's not going to happen again. That- that lowlife is on his way to jail."

"When can I get out of here?"

"A couple of days, probably. Their not sure yet....you're pretty broken up."

I sighed. "Well...where's my aunt?"

"Cafeteria.." He laughed.

"Mmm."

"Do you need more pain meds?"

I winced again as I nodded my head.

He pressed a button near the end of my bed, and soon, a nurse came in with a small cup.

"Here you go, honey. Don't chew, just swallow."

I nodded slightly and swallowed the pain meds, immediately starting to feel a little dizzy and tired.

Great.

"I'll be right here, ok?" I heard Nate say, as I drifted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow....it has been a really long time since I updated. And I feel bad, but here is the cause. I had up to like 15 written on Quizilla, but when I logged in to transfer the next chapter, it deleted ALL my stuff. So I was pretty pissed. But anyways, here you go. Again, I'm really sorryyy. And this is pure filler :] Enjoy. Comments are love?