Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 4

As soon as I closed the door, a guy behind the counter about my age looked up. That’s right. THAT guy.

The same guy that I had met at the airport. He automatically smiled. “Hey! I KNOW you!” I couldn’t help but laugh at the cute lopsided grin imprinted on his face. “I take it you’re aunt picked you up, since you didn’t bother to call??”

I blushed. “Yeah,” I lied again. “She came right after you left. Umm, I actually came to see if you had any positions open but you probably don’t so um, bye.” No way was I working with him. No. Not gonna happen.

As I headed for the door, I felt someone tug on my arm. “No no.” He said, spinning me around to face him, “I’m sure I can find something for you.” He smiled again.

What the hell was up with this guy?? Was he actually flirting with me?? I do recall him telling me he had a GIRLFRIEND. “Umm, nahh, it’s ok, but thanks anyway.” I turned to leave again, but he still had a hold on my arm. And it seemed as though he wasn’t letting go.

“Come one…..everybody likes milkshakes and smoothies.” Oh this asshole. How did he know…..I LOVED them. “Yeah....” “Ha. Exactly. If you work here, I can start you off at 12 bucks per hour, and you can have as many drinks as you want. FOR FREE.”

I looked up at his face. I did need a job. And 12 bucks an hour…and free drinks?? “Ok,” I said. “When do I start??”

He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhhhhhhhhhhh im so angry. so luckily, somebody told me that all my chapters were screwed up [thank uu!] so. aghh. now i have to go back and redo a bunch. :[[