Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 5

I ran out of my bathroom to get a glance at the clock. Shit. I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work.

I slicked on some eyeliner, mascara, & some foundation, then headed to my closet. hmmmm....what to wear, what to wear....I had to look good for my first day....not that I was trying to impress anyone...I finally decided on my Paramore band t-shirt, jeans, etnies, and some new silver bangles. I ruffled my hair, and ran out to my car.

I cautiously looked around as I opened the door to the smoothie shack. No one. Suddenly, a hand reached from behind me, covering my mouth, muffling my scream, and spinning me around.

And there he was.

"What the hell?!" I hissed.

He grinned. "You know, you're really cute when you're scared."

"Would you like me to have a heart attack on my first day???!"

He covered my mouth again, and spoke "I'm sorry. Okay? Someone didn't have their coffee."

I rolled my eyes. "You know, i still don't even know you're name?"

He laughed, "Nate," he said holding out his hand. "Nice to meet you Emmy," he said, still holding out his hand. After i i didn't grab it for a moment, his face turned red, and he put his hand back by his side.

"Ummm...how do you know my name??" I asked, looking at him warily.

"This town has..what??......like, less than a couple thousand people?? Word gets around pretty fast. Everybody practically expected you." he started laughing again.

"What?"

"Well....everyone...except your aunt i guess."

i glared at him. "shut up."

He ignored my look and handed me a gigantic rulebook. "Okay, well, i better show you around. oh, and here is THE book. Learn it, love it, live it."

"Ehh. No thanks."

"....Take it."

"I've had a job before. I think I can manage without it thanks."

"...Ok. Come on, I'll show you around."

Even if he was annoying and immature, I had to admit, he was puurrr-etty attractive.
There was the lopsided grin again.

*Sigh*