Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 9

"Well." he said hopping lightly off my bed. "I better get going."

"Ok." I said. "Uh, thanks for...you know.....yesterday and everything."

"No problem." he said. "Just try not to get attacked or run into anything today." he said. I stared at him. And then glared.

"Kidding Emmy." he said and started to walk out my door.

"Bye." I said. And then I realized the polite thing to do would be to walk him to the door. I got up and straightened my ruffled pajamas and followed him downstairs. Geez. Why did he have to be.......so...........well, attractive. "See ya." I opened the door.

He smiled, and opened his mouth like he was going to say something.

"I-" he paused. "Nevermind. Bye Emmy, see you at work tommorow." I shut the door and sighed, hopping onto my couch, and flipped on the TV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly opened the door. Muaha. Perfect. His back was turned. I slowly shut the door, and silently crept up behind him, making sure I didn't make any noise.

I was so going to get him back for yesterday.

As soon I was about to open my mouth to say "BOO!" he greeted me, without turning around.

"Hi Emmy."

Damn it. He was good.".................You're...." I was about to compliment him, but instead chose the alternative. "You're no fun."

He turned around then. "Thanks. You're just jealous because I have obvious ninja powers and you don't" he pointed at me.

I laughed. "You're full of it." I spat back. Wow, I was being bitchy today. Maybe because of what happened this morning.

Wade had called. Begging me to come back. Of course I'd refused, but then he'd called me.......well, a bunch of stuff I don't care to repeat. He had even threatened to come find me. I knew he didn't know where I was, unless my unsuspecting parents had told him, but it still scared me.

Nate leaned on the counter across from me. He looked at me with his big brown eyes-- puppy dog stare style. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's nothing." I replied, and turned to walk away. But he caught me around the waist. "What's wrong??" he asked again.

And then leaned in. To kiss me again. "Nate....I- I can't." I said trying to pull away.

He frowned. "Damn it Emmy. Why don't you trust me?? Why can't you let anyone in??" he released me and spun around on his heel, throwing off his apron.

I sank to the ground, holding my hand to my heart, as if to hold it, so it wouldn't shatter into a million pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 9 (:

Soo I'm not going to update until I get at least 2 comments on my story/another subsciption/more readers. So tell you're friends to read it, and commeeennttt!

(: Thanks, hope you enjoyeed chapter 9.