Status: Hiatus.

She Said, She Said

felt it, bled it, screamed it

"Ugh, my stomach is killing me!"

"Mom, I need to go pee!"

"Would you all please be quiet?" My mother asked, irritation clear in her voice.

Everyone quieted down, including my younger sister, Sabrina, which was a surprise. We were just coming back from having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and Brandon, my older brother, was complaining about how his stomach hurt. I knew he shouldn't have eaten that last piece of cake - and he thinks I'm stupid.

Out of boredom, I looked out the window and watched all the trees pass by. It was a beautiful evening and the stars twinkled lazily in the night sky. I felt weight on my left shoulder and turned around to see Sabrina leaning against me, eyes closed. I smiled when I saw the content look on her face. Carefully, I slid an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. A small flicker of a grin graced her lips as she sighed composedly, her breathing evening out.

I looked over at Brandon and saw him leaning his head against the window. His headphones, as usual, were plugged into his ears, and I could hear bits and pieces of rock music blaring out of the tiny speakers. For some reason, I felt at peace when we were all together. It was normal, of course, seeing as this was my family but I couldn't stop the feeling of pure happiness in my chest everytime we spent some time together. My mother turned around, looked at Sabrina snuggled close to me, and beamed, her earrings twirling in the moonlight.

Then it happened. The last thing I heard was Brandon saying my name before the truck came towards us. And that's when everything went black.