Status: Hiatus.

She Said, She Said

the red, it filters through

Before I knew it, two days had passed and I was getting ready to go to the Rehabilitation Centre. I had just gotten back from cleaning up and was drinking some apple juice when Aunt Debra came in. She smiled and ignored the glare I gave her. She seemed to have forgotten all about my rude behavior. I noticed she had a big black duffel bag in her hand which she set down on the edge of my bed. I looked at it curiously.

"This is all your stuff," Aunt Debra said, that smile still plastered on her face. She cleared her throat before speaking again. "Dr. Hernandez said you would need these things and so I went back and got them for you. Just make sure they're all right, and I'll be right back," she smiled again and left the room.

I finished my apple juice and threw the empty box in the wastebasket located beside my bed. Leaning over, I pulled the bag closer to me, groaning as a sudden pain shot through my thighs. Hell, it's a lot heavier than it looks. When I finally got the bag right in front of me, I opened it up and looked inside. One by one, I started taking things out. Some shorts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, pajamas, and other clothes were inside. There was also a dressing gown, slippers, some underwear and bras, along with a comb, a hairbrush, a toothbrush, a bottle of shampoo, a shaving kit, deodorant, and other hygiene products. I wondered how she knew my size but pushed the thought away as I continued searching through the bag.

"Look in the side pockets," a voice said and I jumped, looking up to see Aunt Debra in the doorway. I shrugged and opened up the side pockets. There was an iPod, earphones, a battery-operated radio, a small flashlight, a hairdryer, a hair straightener, a watch and some batteries, which I assumed were for the radio. I noticed that all the things had a small white paper stuck on them somewhere with the word Valerie printed on top.

"Why do these all have my name on it?" I mumbled and looked up at Aunt Debra.

"Dr. Hernandez said you needed to do that so they know who it belongs to," she answered, going through her purse.

I wondered who 'they' were but didn't question it. Instead, I started putting things back in the bag, and zipped it up. Scooting a little away from the bag, I sat up a bit straighter, and let out a sigh. Aunt Debra looked up at me, smiled, and went back to searching through her purse. I yawned and scratched my arm which I noticed was really dry. Even if I was pale I could still see slight white lines on my arms, from where I'd been scratching. Out of boredom, I started scratching my name on my arm when I heard Dr. Hernandez's voice.

"Well, I see you're ready," he said and walked over to the side of my bed. "Let's get going, yeah?"

Aunt Debra nodded and picked up the duffel bag from my bed. As she walked out, Nurse whatever-her-name-was came in with a wheelchair in front of her. She came to my side and helped me into the wheelchair, which was getting a bit easier each and everyday, and sighed. I looked up at her for a second before looking around the room. I couldn't believe I had spent the last half and a month here. As boring and annoying this place was, I was going to miss it a little bit. But then again, I was glad I was leaving because this place also held a lot of bad memories for me.

As Nurse whatever-her-name-was pushed the wheelchair out of the room, I glanced back for the last time and then we were gone.