Dance Instructor

Chapter One.

“So, why’d you want to come here?” Alice shouted over the crowd as I dragged her and Mark into the club. I laughed.

“Because I wanted to have a good night!” I shouted back to her. We walked to the bar to order a couple of beers. I shouted as I heard Damaged come on. I looked over to Alice and grinned. She shook her head.

“You go on. I’m fine here,” she said, taking a sip of her beer. I looked at Mark and he nodded. I smiled and set my bottle down, entering the crowd, Mark behind me.

Once we were a safe distance from the bar, we started to dance. Soon, a circle started to form around us. I grinned at him and he grinned back. I pointed at him and spun. I placed a hand on my hips and the other one of his shoulder. The beat of my heart was the beat of the song.

He stood still, looking to his left as I circled him, moving my hips to the beat. I circled him twice before stopping behind him and dropping and rubbing my body on his backside as I moved up his body. He spun around and put his arm around my waist. I pushed it off as he spun, dropping down. The music and lyrics filled my head.

I placed my hand on my hip as I walked over him. Before I could get my left leg over his body, he gabbed my leg and stood up. He let go of my leg as I placed my other one on the floor and did a cartwheel. It was just me and him, doing the thing we loved most.

I turned to face him as he grabbed my by the waist and pulled me close. Our hips started to move together as the crowd cheered us on. We popped our chests’ in unison and he dipped me. He let go as soon as I was upright. He stared doing complicated things with his feet as I gestured to him with both hands and placed them on my chest as I popped it in and out. I felt so connected to the song. I could feel the rhythm running through my body like adrenaline.

We came back together and moved again in unison. Before the song was over, we walked over to the bar, the crowd sending wild cheers. I smiled as I plopped down onto the seat and grabbed my bottle of beer. Alice smiled.

“Have fun?” she yelled. I laughed and nodded, as did Mark. My gaze crossed over to the DJ booth on the second story. My eyes locked with Tyler. I smiled and waved. He waved back, winking. I laughed.

My head bobbed along to the next song, mouthing the lyrics.

“So, what’s the real reason we’re here?” I heard Alice yell. I sighed and looked at her, smiling.

“I called Mindless Self Indulgence’s management, asking if I could get a couple people who are willing to dance to one of their songs. It‘s not like I could call James‘ directly. I don‘t know his number anymore, and he‘s never online. ”

“Did they reply?” she asked. I shook my head.

“Not yet,” I sighed. She patted my shoulder.

“They will. Trust me.”

I sighed again. “I called their management and their marketing and promotions people. Do you think that was the right thing to do? I mean, calling the people who take care of the band than the band themselves?” I asked her. She nodded.

“I do. You’ve always wanted to choreograph one of their songs. This could be one of your chances,” she encouraged me.

“That’s good then,” I laughed. I gestured to the crowd. “Dance with me?” I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

“Fine. I don’t know how you always persuade me to do this.”

I smirked. “I don’t. I can just tell you really want to dance.”

She grinned. “That too.”

I looked over to the DJ booth and waved my hand in his direction. He looked at me and nodded. Just Dance same over the speakers. I smiled and offered Alice my hand. She rolled her eyes and took it. We walked into the crowd and started to dance, just having fun, nothing complicated. In the middle of the song I placed my hand on my hip and did the disco point thing, bringing it down and back up. Alice laughed as I started cracking up as well.

“Just dance,” I mouthed to her as the song finished. We walked back to our seats to see Mark there with his eyebrows raised. We just laughed at his expression and sat down. I chugged the rest of my beer and put it down.

“Can I buy you a drink?”

I turned to face the voice. He was kind of cute, and looked like he could dance. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him take off a wedding ring. I smiled and shook my head.

“Sorry, I don’t sleep with married men,” I brushed him off, not feeling like getting into the whole details thing.

“So, you’re telling me you won’t sleep with a married man, but you will dance like a whore on the dance floor?” his voice was icy. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

“So, if I’m the trashy dancing whore, then what are you? The married man who would be willing to give up a loving relationship to sleep with a whore? Good choice,” I dismissed him and got up to sit on the other side of Mark. I heard Alice give a grunt of disgust.

“If I was less tipsy, I could have dissed him properly, but I don’t feel like it,” I stated to Mark. He raised his eyebrows.

“Oh, yeah, of course.”

After a night of drinking and shameless dancing, I arrived home, giggling. Mark dropped me off by my door.

“You know,” I said, giggling. “Tonight was so much fun!. You’re an amazing dancer,” I slurred. Mark laughed.

“I know, now, let’s get your drunken ass into bed.”

“Are you hitting on me?” I giggled.

“No, now, go home,” Mark laughed. I smiled and kissed him. I broke off and started laughing, pulling my keys out and unlocking my door. I stumbled in, leaving a shocked Mark stand there.

“G’night!” I slurred and closed the door. I walked into my living room, laughing as I tripped over an umbrella. I walked over to my answering machine that read one. I giggled again as I pressed the button.

“Hey, Cyndi, I got your message. I think it would be really cool for you to choreograph a dance for Mindless. Call me tomorrow, and we’ll set up a meeting for you to…” the rest of the message was drowned by my screaming.