Poison's Exile

The Meeting

Princess Poison looks down at her people fighting to keep her kingdom safe. She gazes up and above her there is a dragon's kin. It had the appearance of a dragon yet it was much thinner and smaller. Though the beast could not breathe fire it was still quite fearsome and very deadly in the land. Poison had watch this beast take the lives of many of her people. Yet it was deadlier still, for sitting atop this creature was a hooded man, who was quite obviously an enemy to her crown. Before the man could strike her, Huntington, known only by his family name, a man who was of the highest battalion. He slayed both he and the creature bringing an end to the threat on her safety. This led to blood being spilled all over the Princess, which was displeasing for more reasons than one. The princess hated war, and death more than anything else in this world. She turned and looked over at the warrior as he had just begun to speak to her.

"Princess, twas foley of you to stand on the balcony, when fighting is occurring below. It is not safe for you."

She look at him, what gall of him to correct her, the princess.

"There is no where is safe during war Huntington." She said smoothly, removing her soiled gloves and discarding them over the balcony.

"You will be safer here." He says while swooping the princess into his arms and walking her into the castle.

Her blood boiled as he drops her gently on the floor. How dare he touch his authority in such away. She had given him no permission to do so.

"Never touch me again," the princess pulled away with disgust. "I am grateful you saved my life but you must ask my permission before such rash actions are taken. Next time, you will surely be punished."

"Huntington."Captain Lance glares at him with disgust and appall clear on his face. "You are needed in battle. Your men suffer while you are up here playing on your boyish fantasies. It is a crime to hold the princess in such way as that. Go and fight your men need you. Do not come to the tower unless ordered otherwise. I apologize my princess. "

"I accept Captain."

They both bow before departing and leaving the princess to her flights of fantasy. What the princess wouldn't do just to fight along side those men. Instead she is forced to cower and let them perish for her. She wanted to brash a sword and kill the enemies make them pay for her father's death. She shook her head he mustn't lose sight of the evil that lays in war. She must not forget that it stole her father and steals others daily. No amount of fighting will ever be able to make that untrue.

The princess gazes through the window and watches the battle rage on. She could hear the screams of agony and the men pleads for death. All she could do was hope that it was her enemy's cries for mercy and not her men. Even that mere thought was enough to make her sick. She shut the window and sat upon her bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well after 6 years I am revamping this story! Tell me your thoughts and thanks for the support.