Poison's Exile

A Shadow

I feel as if I am being watched constantly. I scan woods quickly to no avail. No one is there, at least that is what my eyes are telling me.

"A shadow darkens my doorstep." I say to the trees as if they were actually listening to me.

I feel gaze of Huntington on me but I refuse to turn round and face him. I do not wish let my gaze fall upon his, for if it does, I shall slip under the sea of heartache yet again. My fear is that if slip under I will not be able to again break to the surface. I fear the darkness will swallow me and I will become a shadow as he is, illusive and cold. Forever reached out to but never being grasped. I recall to the trees how I used to kiss dear Huntington and yet I could never feel his lips as if I were kissing air. Perhaps it was all a dream. I tell them of how his whispers sounded like a spring breeze on a hot and how I lived for those breezes that temporally cooled me on blistering days. Then I tell them the truth of his arrogant ways.

I feel as if the trees responding with the rustlings their leaves. Though I know this is not the truth, I press my fingers against the bark of the nearest tree. I listen to the breaths of Huntington grow closer. The sweet scent of his skin fills my nostrils and tempts me to move foolishly towards him, as the nectar of a flower attracts bees. To be better put, it was as if a Venus fly trap lures its prey to it with a sweet promising scent of food, only to instead kill the one it lure. This is just as he is, a Venus fly trap, he sucked me his world of secrecy and pain. I must stay away or be pulled in once again.

I feel his touch suddenly and it is as if its eroding my flesh, my body, the way the juices of a Venus fly trap slowly desecrates its prey. The trees seem to close him off so that he could not touch. I shiver and take steps back from where I know he stands. In their own way, I feel as if, the tree were protecting me. Which they do, from harsh lights in the sky, dragons, heavy rain, and the elements that lurk about. Yet this I reject, I do not like the feel of being closed in. In this moment do not want nor need their help, I must fend for myself. I cannot hide her forever.

I must get away from him. So I begin to run away from him to protect myself. I hear the trees break and it sounds like scream in pain as he cuts them out of his way. 'NO!' I think to myself. I quicken my pace, breathing in fast short breathes, and I could still feel him closing in on me. I feel a mixture of fear and a foolish giddiness in this chase. I desire for him to reach me and yet at the same time I did not want him too. I want to feel his breath on my neck and hold me.

'Run!' My body screams in protest, I feel as if my limbs would fall off if I was to run any faster. He moves so quickly and within a second he is behind me. He grabs me and shouts at me.

"Poison, be mine."

The world spins and my body falls limp in his arms and yet I feel alive again. Before I knew what I was doing I heard myself whisper yes and allowing my lips to meld against his. I felt incapable of fighting him as if he controlled me.

In my mind, the trees that survived his massacre, scream 'NO FIGHT HIM!'

Lilian appears from the mist and the seem trees part ways for her. She grabs me from Huntington's clutches. Fight this, she screams at me. Yet I cannot seem to hear her clearly, my brain feels hazy. I can't breathe. Poison, Lilian shouts. I see the darkness wrap around me and pull me down. I can feel it as my body hits the ground but it feels distance. It is as if I lightly hit my bed instead of the cold hard ground.

I hear the distant shouts of the trees, Lilian and my Huntington. I hear the sounds of Lilian grabbing hold of him by his armor, the metal clanging together as she drags him down. I can hear her accusing him of doing this to me. Was she right? I wasn't sure what had happened.

"Did you inform her of Snapdragon?" Lilian whispers, well it sounded like a whisper to me.

Snapdragon? Who twas this Snapdragon? And what does she have to do with my beloved?
My eyes slowly open and I see the truth in front of me.