Poison's Exile

To be Wedded

He stands guard at my bed whilst I sleep and when the ray of the morning light awaken me, he stands at attention.

"Good Morrow, dear princess." The gentleness in his voice has not changed.

"Yes indeed it is." I allow oneself slip in a polite smile. "Dear Warrior I require privacy so that I may change."

He bows, "Of course Princess," and walks out with his head bowed humbly to the ground.

A soft knock comes from the door as my female dresser is placing my shoes on my feet.

"Who is it?'" my voice betraying not the pain of my lost.

The Queen enter, she need not answer such things. Ti's her castle, her kingdom and she may do as she pleases.

"I have found you a king." Her smile is bigger than I have seen it since father's death.

"My Queen?" My eyes had widened at her words. "Are you saying I am to be Wedded?"

"And then to be crowned Queen my dear. It will all occur in two days time."

"If you will it my Queen." I nod at her.

"I do. I am ready to leave the throne. I have grown weary." My mother says, then gracefully walks out.

"Congratulations your highness. It is such an honor to have been present when such an announcement was made." My shoe maid lowered her head.

"Tell no one till I have told my people."

"Oh of course your majesty." Then she went back to placing my shoes on my feet.

"I am to be wedded." I mumble to myself. The warrior giving a sad smile when hearing these words being spoken.
________________________

My King paces the floor of the corridor. His chocolate brown hair shining brightly as the sun did hit it. His crown was glorious, not a single jewel misplaced. He is nervous and as he went to turn towards me a guard grab him and pleaded him to enter the church. His royal affair attire was laced in gold and he stood taller than the guard, if he had willed it he could have bestowed his eyes on me. The guard told him of the horrid luck it would bring to our kingdoms if he saw me before I walked down the aisle.

My white dress caressed the tops of my bare feet. The cold tiles sending chills up my spine. I am to be wedded to a prince I have never meet. Two days after my love was punished with death. That boy, that prince, is to be MY KING and untie our kingdoms as one. Even I would be a fool to say no to what is good for my people.

I peeked through the cracks of the door to get a better glimpse and he who is to be my other. He was facing the door, and anxious smile on his face. He had a strong jaw. Such beautiful blue eyes, they were like the sapphires on his crown against his golden skin. I took a sharp intake of breathe. My King was handsome.

"Make haste Princess. Your future King awaits."
♠ ♠ ♠
ti's is like that to please the spell check.....comment please