Poison's Exile

The Wedding

I stood at the doors before my grand entrance into chapel which I am to be wedded in. I focused my mind on his jewel like eyes. Though my thought swayed towards the fact that I know nothing of this man who is to be my husband. This is for my kingdom. I stood up at my full height with my shoulders back. I felt the edges of the dress flutter across my feet.

One foot before the other, eyes fixed on the man ahead of me. He gasped at the sight of my beauty. My purple hair cascades down my shoulders, my kind baby pink eyes shone up at him. My fair complexion seemed even more fair under the midday sunlight. He smiled, a smile that said he approved of my beauty. My mother beamed, she was pleased with her choice in our union.

I approached my king and bowed, a sign of honor. He bowed back, I tried very hard to hide my shock, this was unheard of. I could feel like the color fill my cheeks and when his gazed landed on me, I felt the warmth in my being. This was so how different, he was something amazing. He will be something very special to me. All this from one unusual gesture.

________________

Twas as if it was a dream, the perfect wedding, this strange man who stood across beamed with joy. The kiss was gentle, it seem to heal my broken heart. To think only two days prior my love had been killed for betraying me. It was something that seemed to have occured a lifetime ago, to another girl who could not be me. I was no longer a mere Princess. I was now a Queen. His Queen. No longer charged with the duties of one kingdom but two.The differences was I was no longer alone. The burden would now be shared with another. My mother joy seemed unparalleled as if the weight had been lift from her shoulders. She was now free, no longer carrying the weight of the kingdom. I was pleased that I could take the weight from her. She has been through enough since the death of my father.

I faced my King and kissed him as the wedding bells chimed. His lips were silk like the rose petals that Lilian wore. It was a firm affirming kiss that I hoped one day would be filled with love. Though the kiss was very nice, it was something that was done out of duty. A golden crown was placed on my head that matched his. The brilliance of the jewels casting colored shadows on the floor. The court burst out into cheers, a new reign has begun. Petals were thrown on the floor as I walked hand and hand with my King. We waved to our people at stepped out of the chapel. Our married life had begun.