Slip Into This Tragedy

Never Coming Home

Chapter 1

Sam’s POV

I woke up with a jump, to the unmistakable sound of the front door being slammed shut angrily. I listened and heard a car being started and driven away. It was my dad leaving and I knew he was never coming back. A few seconds later there was a soft knock on my bedroom door. When I looked up I saw my older brother Frank’s forced smile as he stood in my doorway. He sat down next to me on my bed and stared off into space, obviously deep in thought.

After a while he looked over at me and analyzed my face, which I’m sure resembled the face of a five year old who had just been told Christmas was cancelled. Frank pulled me into a huge hug and let me break down in his arms. My sobs were soon joined by his, and we just sat there, embracing each other. My mind replayed recent events involving my parents. Our mom was madly in love with dad. Even though she worked all day, just like him, she always cooked dinner for him and cleaned up afterwards. She did everything he ever wanted her to do, and he never even thanked her. It was really no surprise that he left us, we all knew he had been having an affair. My dad and I had never really been extremely close, but I think it’s because of that that I’m so sad he’s gone. I remember when my grandma died, at her funeral everyone was crying because they would miss all the times they had shared with her. I was crying because I hardly knew her. That’s how its gonna be with my dad, questions that will never be answered, stories that will never be told, memories that will never be made.

I woke up to sunlight streaming into my room. I don’t know when I fell asleep, but I know it was late. I turned and saw Frankie laying peacefully in bed, still fast asleep, soft snores escaping from him. I smiled slightly at his happiness, though the smile vanished quickly, knowing that his blissfulness would be gone as soon as he woke up. I didn’t want to wake him up by getting out of bed so instead I reached under my pillow and grabbed my cell phone. I opened it and saw that it was only 10 o clock. ‘new text message’ popped up in my screen. It was from Mikey, my boyfriend and my best friend besides Frank.

“Hey love, you awake? XOX, Mikey” I smiled and quickly replied.

“Hey. I just woke up. I miss you. XO, Sam” I pressed send, and then jumped as my phone beeped loudly. Shit, I forgot to turn the volume off I realized as Frank rolled over and his eyes fluttered open.

“hi sis,” he smiled slightly at me. He gave me a small hug then got out of bed and quickly left my room. He was trying to act like everything was fine for me, but I knew that this was hurting him more then it was hurting me. When Frank was little he had no friends because he had the tendency to punch people whenever he didn’t get what he wanted. When he was 5 couldn’t control his anger sometimes, and our mom got mad at him all the time for it. Dad was the only person who was there for him at the time and he helped Frank control his anger. They stayed really close until Frank was 13. That’s when he meet Mikey and Gerard and the rest of the guys. He started dressing what our dad called emo and our dad didn’t like it to say the least. They fought all the time for a year or so, until I became ‘emo’ too. Frank and dad started to get along sometimes, but it was never the same, and Frank hated it. He wanted a chance to make things right with dad, but that chance walked out the door last night.

I decided I should get out of bed and get ready for the day. I went to my dresser and took out my black Misfits shirt and my most comfortable pair of skinnys. Then I slapped on some eyeliner and pulled my hair into a sloppy ponytail.

“what I choose is my choice…” My cell phone sung from my bed. The caller ID said Mikey My Love. Smiling, I answered cheerfully.

“Hey Mikeess!!” I exclaimed.
“SAMMMYYYY BABBYY!!!!!!” He yelled back. I love Mikey so much. He is always so happy and hyper. “Wanna hang at my house today? Gerard is going somewhere, and my parents are still out of town.” I could hear his smile grow into his goofy grin when he said the last part. It was always fun when we had his house to ourselves; not that we have sex, but we blast music and jump around the house, singing and dancing like lunatics.

“Sure hun! I’ll be over soon.” I replied, less cheerful now that I realized I’m gonna have to tell Mikey about my dad.

“Yay! Bye!” He exclaimed. I walked down the hallway to Frank’s room so I could tell him I’m leaving. I was about to open his door when I heard him talking to someone. I stood against the door, listening.

“I don’t want Sam to get upset…no, she won’t catch us, we can do it when she leaves. You said she’s going over to your house to hang with Mikey today right?...okay good. I’ll call you soon. I love you Gee,” Frank said, apparently to Gerard on the phone. Gerard Way, Mikey’s brother. Since when have Frank and Gerard been seeing each other?!?

“Sam! I, er, was just going to talk to you,” Frank interrupted my thoughts. He had opened the door right as I was about to knock. “What are your plans today?” he asked, his eyes darting around the hallway nervously, obviously worried I had overheard him on the phone. I don’t know why he was trying to hide it, did he really think he could keep a secret forever?

“I’m going to Mikey’s house. What are you up to?” I asked.

“Me? Oh, uh, nothing.” He mumbled before walking back into his room.

“Sure…” I muttered as I walked downstairs, grabbing a Rockstar, which has been my lifeline recently.

“Hey Sam. How’s it going?” Gerard asked as he opened the front door, stepping aside so I could go into his house and escape from the freezing Jersey air. “Mikey’s upstairs,” he said, as he walked out the front door.

“Sam!” Mikey yelled enthusiastically when he saw me. “How are you babe?” He said as he pulled me into a kiss. God, I loved this feeling. My lips crashing into Mikey’s passionately, our tongues playing games in our mouths. His hands pressed my body against his tightly, so that there was no space in between us, but still not tight enough. We could have stayed like that forever, but then I felt a vibration coming from our thighs. I pulled away slightly and realized it was Mikey’s phone. He sighed loudly and pulled it out of his pocket.

“It’s Ray,” he grumbled before answering it. “hey Ray”

“Mikes! Don’t forget, band practice tonight at 5.” Ray said. He and Bob were the most responsible out of the band, and they always called to remind everyone about band practice.

“Yeah I know Ray. Bye” He hung up and gave me the signature Mikey look, big puppy dog eyes, and a dorky grin. “So Sammy, what should we do?” he asked.

“Uhm, can we talk for a little or something?” I needed to tell Mikey about my dad. I needed to talk to someone about it.

“Sure babe, what’s wrong?” he asked, as he led me over to the couch, concern etched into his face.

“Well, last night, my dad left. Like, he left for good. He’s not coming back. Our whole family knew he had been cheating on my mom for a while now, but she loved him to much to do anything about it. But now he’s gone, and I’m afraid its gonna break her. She loves him so much, and he was always so horrible to her. And now I’m never going to get to know him as well as Frank did. But to be honest, now I don’t know if I want to. He hurt my mom so much, and Frank. He always wanted a second chance with him, a chance to prove that he is a good son, but that chance is gone now. And so is our family” I told Mikey everything I was feeling. It felt good to tell him. He looked at me in shock while I was telling him everything, and he reached out and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“I’m so sorry Sam. I’m sure your mom will be fine with time. And we can help Frank and keep an eye on him. Everything will be okay.” We stood there for a little while after he said that. I gave him a fake smile, and tried to forget about my family life. His eyes lit up, and he grabbed my hand and ran upstairs to his room, dragging me along with him. He put a CD in, and turned the volume up really loud. Smiling brilliantly, he pressed play.

“THIS IS THE STORY OF A GIRL! WHO CRIED A RIVER AND DROWNED THE WHOLE WORLD!” Mikey yelled, jumping up and down. I started dying of laughter at the little kid inside him. He always knows how to cheer me up. Before I knew it, I was dancing and singing with him. Once the song was over, we collapsed on his bed, giggling like crazy. Once our laughter had calmed down, I climbed onto Mikey and made our lips collide.

“I love you Mikey,” I said in between kisses.

“I love you too Sam, so incredibly much,” He said and pulled me closer. We stayed there, kissing for a while. Being with Mikey was one of the few times I could honestly be happy. He was so perfect in every single way.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of this story. I have several more chapter written and ready to put up when I get comments and readers. I need feedback. Comments help!