Slip Into This Tragedy

The Party Song

Chapter 13
Sam’s POV

I groaned when my alarm went off at 6:30 in the morning. I stayed up till 2 quietly baking a cake for Frank. I walked into the kitchen and took out the cake and icing from the fridge. The icing was cream cheese, Frank’s favorite. I grabbed the red and yellow food coloring and quickly dyed the icing orange. Then I iced the cake and decorated it with big black outline of a cat in the middle of the cake. I wrote “Happy 18h Birthday Frank!” in spidery looking letters, hoping it resembled something from a Tim Burton movie. The final touch was drawing Jack Skellington with a different expression on each corner of the cake.

The coffee machine beeped, acting as the cue for me to wake Frank up. I poured two big mugs full of coffee and barged into Frank’s room.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” I yelled, making him jump. I laughed and handed him his coffee. He smiled gratefully and took a few sips before talking.

“I really should be used to this by now shouldn’t I?” he laughed.

“Yup!” I exclaimed. “Doesn’t birthday boy want his cake?”

“I want a hug from my awesome little sister first!” he declared, leaping off his bed and yanking me into a huge hug. “Thanks sis,” he said, before giving in and letting me drag him to the kitchen where he cake was waiting for him. I watched his eyes bulge as he took in the decorations. He started at the cake a few seconds, then bursted into laughter.

“Jack Skellington!” I loved when Frank was happy. “This is Halloween, this is Halloween. Halloween, Halloween. Halloween, Halloween.” He sang. He even changed pitch and made his voice sound girlish on the last two “Halloweens”, which caused me to burst into a fit of giggles. “Are you laughing at me singing?” he joked. Then he eyed the cake, a devilish glint in his eyes. Before I could move, a giant chunk of cake hit my face. I grabbed some cake and threw it back at him. I expected him to pelt me back with cake, but instead he stuck his tongue out and licked around his mouth.

“Mmmm, this is really great cake Sammy. Thanks!” Then he scraped all the cake from his face and shoved it into his mouth. I did the same. Once I thought my face was clean of cake, Frank started laughing.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Your hair…has tons of orange icing…in it,” he managed to say while laughing like crazy. I stuck my finger in a glob of icing on the cake, and wiped it all in his hair.

“So do you,” I teased and stuck out my tongue.

“Don’t stick your tongue out at me!” Frank said, pouting.

“Why not?” I challenged.

“Cause I’ll…do THIS!” he tacked me to the ground and tickled me. I rolled around, laughing and squirming.

“Not…fair,” I gasped, your not ticklish.

“Soo?” he teased.

“If you don’t stop I’ll throw the cake at you!” he face froze.

“Not the cake,” he muttered. “it’s so yummy! You can’t waste it.” I looked up at the table, where the cake was sitting. Then I saw the clock.

“Frank, Gerard and Mikes are gonna be here in 10 minutes,”

“Oh shit!” he exclaimed and jumped up. We both ran to our room and threw clothes on and got ready for school. As soon as I grabbed my converse, there was a knock. I grabbed my back pack and went to the door. The Way brothers were standing in the doorway with giant smiles on. The smiles drooped down slightly when they saw it was me.

“thanks guys,” I muttered. Mikey hugged me tightly in response, then walked into my house, followed by Gerard.

“FRANKIE!” Gerard yelled when he spotted Frank trying to walk down the hall way while putting on Vans. Frank looked up just in time to see Gerard’s body flying towards him and tackling him to a wall. Gerard whispered something, then his face covered Frank’s from my view and they started kissing. Mikey and I waited patiently for them. When they were down, the walked over to us, both of their cheeks slightly flushed. We pilled into the car and Frank shut the door.

“ugh, I can’t believe I have to go to school on my birthday,” Frank moaned. Gerard, Mikey and I exchanged quick glances.

“Who said we’re going to school?” Gerard asked, smiling.

“YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!” Frank yelled, smiling back at us.

“We know,” Mikey replied cheerfully. Then he opened his back pack and took out 4 bags.

“SKITTLES!” Frank cried. We all shoved tons of skittles into our mouthes.

“Turnf the musfic on Gerferd,” Mikey tried to say with skittles filling his mouth. Gerard laughed, and pressed power. Drums filled the car, followed by guitars and bass. When the vocals kicked in, we all sang along. We were going to enjoy our day off from school and make Frank’s birthday memorable.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wrote this in french, after i finished my test. :]
i wrote a happy update!
comment please!

******
oops, sorry guys. i meant to type 18th birthday. i think i fixed it.