Slip Into This Tragedy

Moment

I woke up, the day after my birthday, feeling completely happy. Yesterday had been perfect, everything I could have ever imagined it to be. As I got out of bed, to get some coffee, I noticed I was still wearing the jeans I had on last night. When I started walking towards the kitchen of my house, continuing on my coffee quest, I noticed there was something in my left pocket. I reached in and pulled out a crumbled piece of paper.

It was just a plain white, disheveled piece of paper that had been hastily folded. ‘Frank’ was written on the front of it, in sloppy black print that I instantly recognized as Gerard’s. I thought back to last night and tried to remember a time when I was so distracted that he could have slipped this into my pocket, but I couldn’t think of a time when I wouldn’t have noticed.

Intrigued, I unfolded it quickly and smoothed it out with my fingers. The entire page was full with his messy handwriting. There were several spots on the page that had been scribbled out. I sat down on my bed, and prepared myself to read the note.

Frank,

I’ve heard that when you’re in love with someone, you strive to make yourself the best you can possibly be for that other person. I’ve gone my whole life casting that theory aside, thinking that romantics like that were just sappy rumors. But then I met you.
I noticed that around you, I thought about what I did and said. That was something I’ve never done before. With you, I cared about what I looked like. I spent hours in front of a mirror, trying to make myself look better then I normally did. I started to notice my strange behavior around you a while before I realized that I like you.
Frank, I’ve fallen for you, harder then I ever thought I would fall for anyone. I’m the dork who sits and home and reads comics and watching horror movies, and you’re the guy who makes me feel like I’m better then just a guy. When I’m with you, everything else falls away completely, leaving me with you, my perfect angel. I love you Frankie, and nothing in the entire world could ever make me feel any differently about you. I would do anything for you at the drop of a hat, and I’ll always be there for you. I hope you liked your birthday.

Love, Gerard.


By the time I finished reading the letter, tears were flowing freely from my eyes. The three paragraphs that Gerard had quickly wrote meant more to me then anything else in the world. My low self esteem always had me worried that one day Gerard would slip through and out of my life, and everything would be just like it was before he had left, except there would be a gaping hole in my life where he used to be.

But this letter had made my fears vanish. I felt a weight on my chest lift that I had not even realized had been there. Gerard was mine, and he wasn’t leaving. That one thought could get me through anything in life, no matter how hard the obstacle was. In that moment, I knew without a doubt, that I was completely and totally in love with Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been so long. I don't have any excuses, I'm just lazy. I'm really sorry. Thanks for sticking with me. I really will try my best to never make you guys wait that long for an update. Please comment, it means the world to me. I don't write for comments, but feedback is the reason I post my stories on here, so if no one comments, it doesnt help. Thanks guys! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!