Slip Into This Tragedy

Home Is Where You Hang Yourself

Chapter 8
Sam’s POV

We stayed in the waiting room for what seemed like hours. Finally, the doctor walked over to us to talk. We all looked at him curiously.

“We think that she just collapsed due to lack of food, and possibly lack of desire to live. Is there anything that might have caused her to want to die?” he asked.

“Our dad left,” I whispered quietly, just loud enough for the doctor to hear. Recognition showed on his face. He jotted something down on his clip board then he looked up at us.

“She’s awake, would you like to see her?” he questioned. We all jumped up, nodded our heads anxiously. He led us to my mom’s room, then stopped us outside the door. He told us we need to act happy, and make sure that she knows that we love her. We nodded and walked in. Mom was laying down, with her eyes hardly open. She put on a fake smile when she saw us.

Frank talked to mom first. He gave her a big hug and chatted with her happily about random stuff. I noticed mom looking over at me, but I couldn’t find my voice. I didn’t even know what I should feel. I don’t know what’s going on with her, or with our family. I don’t understand why the whole world is crashing down around us all of a sudden. Slip into the tragic life of the Iero’s.

It was about 3 in the morning by the time Gerard suggested that we go home and rest. Our mom wouldn’t be released for at least a day, so we agreed that going home would be a good idea. Frank and I stayed at Mikey and Gerard’s house, we couldn’t bear to be alone in our empty house.

I woke up almost every half an hour during the night, and I have a feeling the guys did too. We were too worried about mom to sleep through the night, so by 7 or 8 in the morning we gave up and watched mindless TV.

At some point we drove to McDonalds and ate breakfast. The day passed in a blur. We ate Wendy’s for lunch, then ordered Dominos for dinner. In between meals we just sat around, the only thing interrupting the silence was the rumble of the TV that we kept on so that we could at least pretend that we weren’t just worrying about whatever was going on at the hospital.

The doctor, Dr. Williams, suggested that we not come to the hospital until we went to pick her up tomorrow morning. We argued at first, but then he said it would be best for our mom and that if there was any news that he would call us immediately. Since none of our phones rung all day, we figured that everything was going fine, well as fine as it could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
here you go. as promised. :]
tomorrow is my birthday, and i have another update almost done, so. i might update on my birthday, if i get comments.
i really hoped you liked it, i was stressed when i wrote it cause of the hurricane(i had a billion relatives at my house cause they had to evacuate) and so yeah.
comments= love.
*passs out internet birthday cake to commenters.*