Breathe

And We Meet Rachel

Image

"I swear, I won't be able to get this shit on if you don't stay still," She laughed, a brush poised in her hand, bloodlike paint in her other.

He eyed the situation, before staring back up at her.

"Normally you're not straddling me in the back of a car when you're putting this on."

She smiled.

"Feels like highschool again. Except there was never fake blood involved. Never got that creepy."

His eyes widened, as she continued to brush the liquid on. A small smile creeped on his face, and she knew instantly what was coming.

"You were the freaky person, weren't you? Handcuffs and all?"

She shrugged, a grin rebuttling his.

"I never had weird sexual escapades in highschool, Ackles. Only college," She winked, her leg moving off of his. "I think everything is in order. We'll be able to do this for one more shot at least."

"Good, I like being covered in make-up artist."

She laughed, leaving a small peck on his blood-free cheek.

"What would I do without your constant flirting Mr. Ackles?"

She shifted her way out of the back of the mauled Impala, taking her supply with her. Action was called, and the scene started again. Luckily, all the boys had to do was sit there and look bloody. Thanks to herself, they didn't need to worry about that. Hours went by on set, and she continued her routine as the head of the make-up department by fixing glitches here and there, getting everybody ready for the next scene, and hamming it up with sexy lead actors in the back of an Impala. Typical day.

Closing the last case of powders, she was startled by a hand grabbing her shoulder. One quick glance in the mirror ahead of her showed her immediatly who it was, and she smiled, a knowing look on her face.

"Cannot have a lovely ending to a work day without Jensen."

She watched him grin, that amazingly appealing grin that lit up his whole face.

"You knew you were waiting for it."

She rolled her eyes, staring expectantly at him.

"It's the only reason I get up in the morning," She smiled, placing the case in her hands to its proper place.

"If only-"

"Don't start with the supermodel crap, Ackles."

"Ahh. Anyways, everyone is going out tonight. Big shindig, you know? The whole start of another season."

She smiled, a bit of a frown shadowing it.

"As much as I'd love to get piss-ass drunk with the one and only, I can't. I've got some stuff to do at home tonight."

"It's almost one in the morning," He laughed.

"And so I begin another shift," She smiled, sighing. "I promise you, though. I'll go drinking with the likes of you all one day. Just not tonight."

He nodded, a lump in his throat easing down.

"Well, have a good night at least. And take care of that home stuff."

She smiled softly at him, coat in hand.

"Right back at ya, Ackles."