Breathe

I Smell Like A Man

Image

A pounding head and a ringing in her ears greeted her the next morning, prompting her not to open her eyes. Unfortunately, the only reason she was beginning to wake up in the first place was her cell phone ringing violently in her pocket.

"Hello?" She mumbled, every breath drawn killing her.

"Rachel, where are you at?"

Her eyes seemed to open, now, more than the fluttering they had before.

"Uhh, I'm at work, Mom. Remember last night was the whole nighter deal?"

She pulled the phone away from her ear as the yelling ensued.

"Mom, mom! Calm down. I'm fine. I just spent the night over here..." She paused, not really knowing who to tell her mother she was with. She shifted abit, her body ruffling covers.

"Flippin' great," She mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, Mom. I'll be home soon. Promise. Love you, bye!" She snapped the phone shut before another word could be said.

Grumbling, she held her head, sitting up from her comfortable position.

"Why the hell do I ever drink?"

"Beats me."

The response almost caused her to scream, as she saw Jensen walk in, grabbing a hunk of clothes.

"Oh, shit." She cleared her throat, staring at him. "We didn't-"

"No."

She gave a sigh of relief.

"Why the hell am I in your bed, then?"

"I invited you, since you were a little bit tipsy. Almost too much tipsy to make it to this tralier."

She bit her bottom lip, trying to get rid of the gnawing in the back of her brain.

"Oh," She whispered, clearing her throat once more. "I need to get going. Mom needs me at home right now."

He nodded, as she shuffled her way out of the comfy covers. That, she might add, smelt extremely good. Almost like him. She stumbled as she stood up, grabbing her earthquaked head.

"Take some asprin or something. Take a shower, if you want."

She sighed, rubbing her temples.

"That's an awful tempting offer. One, that I'm not going to pass up."

He smiled, throwing the clothes on the bed. Walking briskly through the hall, she could see him rummaging through a cabinet in the kitchen. He was back seconds later, glass in hand. She took it with much gratitude, and took no time in swallowing the contents.

"Are you sure I can use your shower?"

He waved his hand in a dismissive manner.

"Yeah, it's fine. You look like shit. You need a shower," He laughed.

She slapped his shoulder, pushing her way to the empty bathroom.

"Very funny, mister."

He shrugged, handing her some clothes off of the bundle he was just messing with.

"I can't stand it when somebody doesn't have clean clothes."

She eyed his bedroom as she took the cloth in his hands.

"Yeah, I can totally see that," She muttered, her gaze capturing piles of shirts and jeans everywhere.

He laughed, wrapping an arm around her neck.

"Shut up and get clean before I kick you out."

She grinned.

"But then I'd still have your clean clothes!"
_______________________________

"You think anybody is going to notice me walking out of your tralier with your clothes on?" She questioned, her hair wrapped firmly in a towel.

He laughed, his eyes diverting from the flat screen in the corner.

"Well..."

"I smell like a man," She cut him off, sniffing herself.

His glance was questioning.

"And that's a bad thing?"

She stared at him, sending him a deathly glare.

"You are dirty!"

He shrugged his shoulders, giving her a grin. In a few minutes she had the towel hanging up, her hair tied back, and her thick coat on.

"I suppose Mom is going to be calling any time now..."

He nodded, not moving from his spot on the couch.

"You're going to spend your day off lounging and watching TV?" She questioned, sitting on the arm of the furniture, right above his head.

"I plan on getting food."

"You live the exciting life, Ackles."

"What can I say, I like things on the edge." She laughed, giving him a small peck on the forehead. "Hey, why don't you call me later, kay? We can go eat or something, to get your ass off the couch. And I'll give you your clothes back."

He nodded, before shouting 'see you later' as she bolted out the door.