Breathe

Just Friends

Image

"Wait, what?"

He followed her down the hall as she started putting the two articles of clothing in the dryer.

"You know I'm stupid, when I think I kiss a guy like that, I think there might be something after."

"I never said there couldn't be," He whispered, leaning on the wooden doorframe.

"But you know it," She informed, coming face to face with him.
"I don't want it to be awkward between us when we have to work," She mumbled, giving a simple smile.

"So?"

"So, I'll accept the fact that we must be friends forever. With a few drunken kisses here and there."

As she tried to walk by him to leave the room, he stood there, his body brushing with her's. She smelled the intoxicating scent of his cologne, mixing with a hint of coffee.

His arm grabbed her waist, pulling her to him. She could barely hear anything as her heart thudded its way up her throat. Legs seemed to turn to jello as he leaned in, the distance between them becoming shorter. Then she felt the dizziness hit as his lips caught roughly with her's, capturing her body. She breathed deep and irregular as he pulled away, his forehead leaning slightly on her's.

"I don't think I can settle with just friends," He breathed.

"Fuck," She whispered, barely a noise escaping her lips.

"What?"

"Why the hell did you have to say that to me?" She questioned, an edge rising in her voice.

"Huh?"

"You should know I'd agree after you woo me over with something like that," She criticized.

He grinned, finally swallowing.

"I'd like to keep to the wooing, then."

She smiled up at him, wondering if he could feel her heartbeat racing. She thought for sure it was going to give out in a few seconds. Just the pure touch of his skin sent her into that frenzy.air as short as her's.

"Maybe we should at least take it slow, though."

He licked his lips, nodding a bit. He couldn't really disagree. It felt somewhat awkward rushing into something like this. But at the same time it was ulitmately what he felt right.

"That means you must resort to sex on the second date," She scolded, her finger wagging.

He laughed. They stayed in the comfortable position, her body laying entirely on his. His body pressed into the frame. They didn't speak for a few minutes, they just stood there. The dryer hummed lightly beside them, daring to show the couple they weren't the only ones in the room.

"What's the first step of your slow plan?"

She seemed almost frightened at his voice, jumping. His deep chuckle met her ears, and she shook her head leaning into his chest.

"A date would be cool. Nothing official. Ultimately casual. A just friends date. Nothing too unusual."

"I can deal with that."

"I have to go to work soon," She muttered minutes later, enjoying the comfortable silence between them.

"I'll come see you."

She smiled.

"I don't think that'd be the best idea. If you knew where I worked."

"Umm..."

"Have you ever seen Coyote Ugly?"

"You dance on a bar?"

"And sing," She grinned.

"Just as long as nobody grabs your ass," He threatened, giving a fatherly glare.

"You have a week before this ass is yours, Mister," She retorted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very nice and huge thanks to alex mantasmagorical for the fantasmic banner!