Breathe

Want to Bet?

Image

"Lil! Gosh, we're just going on a friendly date. Nothing big. I mean Jared and a couple other people are going to be there."

"But they don't know you guys start feeling each other up every free second you have!"

The brunette's head popped through her sister's open doorframe, a confused yet angry expression painted on her face.

"How do you-"

"Sara does know my number."

Rachel rolled her eyes.

"I don't think I can trust anybody anymore."

"Except Jensen."

Rachel threw her shirt on, smoothing it out. The purple satin contrasted perfectly with her chocolate hair.

"You say it like he means something more to me," She huffed, plopping down on the soft bed beside her younger sister.

"You don't think that about him?"

Rachel shrugged. Her fingers absentmindly doodling designs in her jeans as her sister started loosely braiding her hair.

"We're just friends. I mean, I think he just found out I had a sister and a mother a month ago. That I lived with, that is," She paused, "I just, I don't know. I really like him. I really do. I don't know if we could be more than friends, though."

"They can't pull that much shit at work about it, Rach. Management can't do anything about it, if you two want to be together."

"Yeah, I know. It's just, I don't feel accepted. I mean, I'm not this beautiful actress that everyone is expecting to be dangling on his arm."

"That's because you got in the "I want a brain" line, dipshit."

Rachel chuckled, still feeling the small tugging as her sister's hands strung bits of hair together.

"Rachel! Jensen's here!"

"Oh, my gosh. Do I look okay? My hair looks great! Oh, gosh. This top is disgusting!"

Lilly slapped her with the comb in her hands, smiling.

"Have a good time, alright?"

"When you say good time, that means I'm piss ass drunk stuck in his tralier."

"If that's what it takes to make you happy, go for it."

"I will strangle the person who taught you about sarcasm."

"That would be you, Sis."

"I'll kill myself after tonight."
______________________________________________________

"So, cheers to Rachel, for finally coming to a realnight out on the town with us!"

The girl smiled, her half drained beer glass clinking with the others on the small round table. Smoke hovered everywhere around the crowd in the dark bar, it's haze creating somewhat of a comfy atmosphere.

"Well, after you losers documented me pole dancing, I decided it couldn't be that bad."

Laughs circled around the round wood, a gasp and an 'oh my gosh' following suit. A pretty dark haired girl gaped wide-eyed at Rachel.

"They did not tape you!"

"They did. Or at least I think they did. I do have pictures though. They're nice too. I really believe they edited them."

The two boys from Texas smirked, shrugging.

"I say you beat their asses at something, Rach. They can't be messing with my girl like that!" Rachel smiled, what would she do without Sandra?

"I say, we give them a challenge."

"Like what? You girls think you can take us on?"

Rachel eyed Sandra before they both turned to give Jared a 'what the fuck' look.

"Boy, do you even know who you're talking to?"

"A girl takes down...oh. Yeah."

"Takes down what, sweets?"

Sandra and Jensen both stared laughing as Rachel coaxed the sudden realization out of Jared.

"The worm in the tequila shots."

"Damn straight, son. And you don't forget it."

"I think I know the perfect thing to do," Jensen piped up, a definite playful smirk on his lips.

"Drinking contest?" Sandra questioned, her eyebrows popped up in delight.

"Exactly. Whoever drains their mug first, gets posession of the pictures and or video tape."

"What do you say, big guy?" Rachel questioned, a smile perched on her face, "Think you can take me on?"

"I'll just tell you I'm not loosing that tape."

Rachel smiled.

"I guess we'll order another pitcher, then."

It was less than ten minutes later both the mugs were full with the frothy drink, a determined look on each one of the person's faces.

"Alright, start on three. One. Two. Three."

Immediately, Rachel threw back the mug, taking a couple of chugs. Jared followed suit, trying his best to catch up with her. Winking at Sandra, Rachel suddenly stopped, watching as Jared kept drowning himself in the ambery liquid. Ever so slightly, she poured the rest of her beer back in the pitcher, therefore draining it. She smiled in dominance as Jared set his mug down, two or three chugs still left in it.

"I can't believe my boyfriend just got beat by a girl."

"There is no possible way you got through that all."

Rachel shrugged, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Working at a bar serves you good once in a while."

Jensen was laughing, holding his face in his hands.

"Bartenders know all the tricks, man."

"You never take one up on a bet," Rachel added, "Because there's always something hidden in it."