Breathe

Concussions

Image

She licked her lips, staring down at the mass amount of bottles gathering beneath her. Lazily perched in a fold up lawn chair, she smiled at him as he continued to rant about how many times he had to go to make-up during the day.

"You say it as if you don't enjoy my company, Mister Ackles," She responded, her voice slurred to an extent.

"Quite the contrary, I enjoy the company. It's the fact that-"

Her eyebrow arched, and she stared at him for a long minute, the pause in the air hanging over them.

"Fact that what, Jensen?"

He caught himself before he could say more. It was too late. She already had the information.

"Mister Ackles has a crush on somebody. I knew it!"

His eyes went wide, a blush settling in the dark of the night.
She somehow slumped off of her seat, staring him right in the eye.

"I knew you liked Sara!" She whispered, excitement etched in her voice.

"What? Oh, oh yeah. Sara. My eye has been on her," He nervously laughed, finally acknowledging that she was well on her way to becoming drunk.

"She's really good. And, wow. Her boyfriend is really hot. Oh. That might be a problem for you," She dragged on, her face contorting after she mentioned Sara's boyfriend.

"Is your boyfriend a problem to you?" He questioned, not really knowing where he was going with it. The little consumption of alcohol told him to ask.

She giggled at him, staring intently.

"What boyfriend?" She laughed, her eyes mocking him.

"Well, the one you're always going home to."

He was shocked as she began laughing, almost rolling on the ground. Not many noticed to two, as others were about as wasted.

"I don't have a boyfriend, silly. I live with my sister and my mom."

His mouth formed into a big 'o'.

"Do they give you any trouble?"

Her intial humor wore off, and she stared at him blankly, her hands supporting her from falling on the ground.

"No. What would make you think that?"

"The fact that you get these phonecalls during work, and afterwards you're always crying. You're always out of it. You're always depressed when you answer your phone."

She stood up, almost immediately. The alcohol had its effects, and caused her to stagger a bit. Pointing a finger to his chest, she got right in his face, her eyes boring their way into the back of his skull.

"You listen here, okay? My sister is everything to me! Everything! And I don't want you to say jack shit about her causing me trouble! Because she doesn't. Neither does my mother. So, Ackles, I suggest that you stop making assumptions and just keep your thoughts to yourself! You don't know a damn thing about it!"

He sat there, not really believing what was happening.

"Maybe I would if you would tell me," He whispered, letting her anger bypass him.

"I don't have to let you know a damn thing! It's my problems, and sometimes you can't fix everything! So I suggest you just get out of my fucking way!"

Her attempt to stomp away from him, turned into her tripping over his legs, falling into his arms, and knocking her head on the concrete.

"Why did I go upside down?"

His mouth wide open, he held her gently, still in shock as her eyes fluttered.

"Are you okay?"

She stared at him from her postion.

"You are an asshole! Wanting to screw around with my life, and now I'm probably going to have a concussion!"

With that, she pushed herself off of him, finally stomping away to the make-up tralier, the door slamming loudly behind her. He licked his lips, still in the shock of events.

"What the hell?"

As his thoughts finally returned to him, he stood up, trying to make past the crowd to get to the tralier. Trying to figure out what he was going to say, he pounded on the door, hoping to get an answer.

"Rachel? Rachel! Come here! Seriously, I want to tell you something!"

He was answered by a 'go to hell' or 'get the hell away'. He couldn't tell which.

"Rachel Larrowe!"

He heard a scream. Not good. He heard crashing. Definitely not good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to alex mantasmagorical for that beautiful banner!

Comments=much appreciation