Breathe

Drinking the Last Beer

Image

Sighing, he attempted to rub his eyes, trying to make things clearer. It certainly didn't help. Soft steps behind him caused him to turn, a red-headed girl bounding up.

"What happened?"

"Sara! Maybe you can get her to come out! I don't. We just. Dammit. I asked her something about her sister, and she just started-"

Sara stared up at him, a grim look on her face.

"You asked if she was a bother?"

He nodded.

"You don't know about her sister, do you?"

Eyebrows scrunched he stared at her, expecting the immediate answer.

"Her sister, she has cancer. Rachel and her mother have been working their asses off just so she can see the best specialist. Rachel works at a diner on some nights. That's why she never sleeps."

His whole face contorted, as a lump was swallowed roughly down his throat.

"Just, walk away, okay? She's probably tearing everything up right now. And the last thing she needs is you trying to make amends. She's not an amendy person."

He nodded, closing his mouth again.

"I'll umm, I'm going back to my tralier. Call me or something if she's alright, or something."

Sara nodded, smiling slightly at him. She pulled her Spiderman laynard out of her pocket, finding the key. Jamming it in, she unlocked the door, opening it to find Rachel sprawled out across the aisle in the middle, fast asleep. For once she truly appreciated the alcohol Rachel was famously known for consuming.

Sara shifted Rachel into a comfortable position, noticing the bump on her head. She would have to wake her up.

"Rachel? Rachel, honey. You need to come back to us."

The body in her arms rolled, seeming to gain conciousness. Sara kept her up, grabbing a lonesome wet cloth from the counter. Dabbing it on the bruise, she smiled as Rachel's eyes fluttered.

"Welcome back to the living, darling."

Rachel's eyes widened, and she grimaced as she tried to move. Sighing, she tried to get up, Sara letting her, even trying to help her. Rachel couldn't help but giggle as she stumbled.

"I had a little bit to drink," She squealed quietly, her fingers depicting a centimeter between each other.

"Oh, so I've heard," Sara sighed. "You know you cussed out Ackles, right?"

Rachel's eyes seemed to grow larger, as she leaned back on the sturdy wall of the tralier. Rubbing her face vividly with her hand, she moved a bit, trying to walk.

"I think he deserved it," She said confidently.

"Honey, do you know what you blessed him out for?"

"He drunk my last beer?"

Sara sighed, shaking her head. Would it be a good thing to tell her why? Or just let her go with her own explanation? Nah, she had to be truthful. It was a deadly habit.

"He asked about your sister."

Rachel swallowed, staring at her assistant. Taking a deep breath, she took swaggered steps to the front door of the small tralier. Opening the latch, she seemed to fall out, hobbling as continued to walk. Sara followed close behind, phone in tow. She texted the number quickly, trying to lead Rachel in the correct direction.

Sara rolled her eyes. She wished that Rachel would have at least put the drinking invite to a later time. But then again, this would probably happen then.

It was silent the next couple of minutes, and Rachel pushed Sara away as they reached the actor's tralier. She told Sara that everything would be fine. And then almost fell over as she knocked on the door. It was opened in a matter of seconds, and Jensen eyed her, giving a look. Sara mouthed a 'look after her' and disappeared in the shadows, ready to get to her own tralier.