Breathe

Bed or Couch?

Image

"You know, I thought you were really fucking nice. And the-"

He stood there, mouth opened as she stopped her yelling mid sentence.

"And?"

"And, and then you go and...Dammit."

He watched as she seemed to melt in a puddle right infront of him. Her mouth was open, ready to shout any insult, and yet he could tell she wasn't going to say it. Something in her eyes told him. Like all the anger had dropped instantly.

"Why do you have to be so damn nice?"

He stared at her, his lip trembling with laughter and confusion.

"I shouldn't have made my problems so out in the open in the first place. It was wrong of me. And then I just took it out on you and I'm sorry. And damn. I'm so fucking stupid...." She cut off, as his hand met gently with her cheek, steadying her.

"Don't worry about it. I understand. It's your family. You don't want to parade them around. You were just protecting them."

She seemed to draw a deep breath, her body shaking abnormally from his touch. What was wrong with her? It was just Jensen, right?

"Dammit, what is wrong with me?" She questioned herself, shaking her head.

"I do believe it's the vast amount of alcohol," He replied, eyebrows raised.

She cleared her throat, a blush setting in.

"I knew there had to be a reason."

"Reason? Reason for what?" He laughed, as she stepped on the first step, only a foot under him now.

"For this," She whispered.

His reaction was late as she pulled him roughly to her, her lips smashing into his. It took a second to realize, and less than a second to respond. He was still breathless as she pulled away, a distorted image covering her face.

"Oh, I shouldn't have done that. That was wrong. Oh, Jesus." She was blubbering, starting to stumble away once more.

"Rachel! Rachel, wait!"

He jumped off the step, jogging to her positon in the soggy grass. She turned around, almost dropping to the ground as she did. Her eyes were blank and watery as they met up with his, her stature staggering.

"What?" She asked quietly, her eyebrows arching with her question. "I've already apologized, and I've obviously messed it up again. So I'm just...I'm going...to home."

Green eyes shone down on her, an eyebrow cocked up above one.

"I don't think you should go home."

Confusion swept over her face like a wave, and she stared up at him in question.

"What? Where do you suppose I go? Back in there?" She pointed to the open door to his tralier.

"I don't want you alone like this. No telling who would-"

"Take advantage of me?" She questioned, a smirk playing on her lips.

He stuttered in his response, before ending the sentence completely. It was silence between them for a few minutes. Echoes of the party still raging rang out. He leaned down, his height being the disadvantage of the whole predicament, and felt that delicious taste of her lips. Her intake of alcohol told her to keep going, while his soberness told him he was crazy. She latched onto him, her arms snaked gingerly around his neck. She pulled away, staring at him vividly.

"Do you want me to take the bed or couch?"