God Bless the Broken Road

You Did What?

Once they were safely in the car and on the road Leigh Ann leaned her head back on the seat and sighed in frustration, “I am so fired.”

Frankie looked up from opening his video game in confusion, “Why would you be fired?”

Leigh Ann motioned with her hand towards the mall that was slowly fading from sight, “Because of what happened back there.”

“But this happens all the time. Like the other day mommy took me and Joe to the dentist and I think Joe was hot and he took his hat off and girls started screaming and Joe had to hide then the police had to come,” Frankie said with the most earnest expression a seven year old could make.

“Why do you think Joe was hot?” Leigh Ann asked as she tried to process what he was saying.

Frankie thought for a minute, “Well that’s what all the girls were screaming. They kept yelling Joe you’re so hot.”

Leigh Ann and Big Rob busted out laughing as Frankie shrugged and went back to opening his game.

Once Big Rob gained control of his laughter he turned to Leigh Ann, “Seriously Leigh Ann, this comes with the territory. The Jonas’ are good people; they wouldn’t fire you over something like this.”

“I hope not,” Leigh Ann whispered as she shrugged Big Rob’s Jacket off and handed it back to him, “Thanks.”

Big Rob smiled, “No problem.”

Just then Leigh Ann’s phone started to beep signaling she had gotten a text. Leigh Ann flipped her phone open and read:

From: Joe, J.
Are you alright? Want to talk about it when you get home?


Leigh Ann wanted to throw her phone out the window in frustration. Want to talk. It seemed like that was the only Joe ever wanted to do. All Joe ever wanted to do was talk. It was almost as if; Did Joe feel guilty?”

“He does feel guilty.”

Leigh Ann looked up at Frankie in confusion. She hadn’t even realized she had said that out loud, “What does he feel guilty about Frankie?”

“I’m not really sure because he pushed me out of the room when he caught me listening, but before he did I heard him tell Kevin and Nick that he read your diary.”

All the color drained from Leigh Ann’s face, “He did what?”

XXXXXX

Joe was pacing back and forth in Leigh Ann’s room. He was so worried about her. He knew their fans could be a bit overwhelming and he didn’t think it was something she was ready to face alone, especially after everything she had been through. As he heard someone coming up the stairs he froze.

As Leigh Ann walked into the room he crossed the room and threw his arms around her.

“Get out of my room,” Leigh Ann ordered in a deadly voice as she pushed Joe off of her.

“Leigh Ann are you okay? I was so worried about you, I’m so sorr”

Leigh Ann interrupted him. “I said get out,” Leigh Ann stated slowly in the same deadly voice.

Joe looked at her in confusion, “Leigh Ann, what’s wrong?”

Leigh Ann turned her back on him and stomped over to her desk, letting her hand rest on her diary. “What’s wrong with me? I’ll tell you what’s wrong with me. How about my complete and total lack of privacy. How about the fact that I just found out you read my diary. Oh and you didn’t just read it no, you went and told your brothers about what you read as well.”

“I-I’m” Joe stuttered.

“Were they shocked when you told them what I had done. When you told them what kind of person I am?” She continued.

“Here,” Leigh Ann yelled as she threw the notebook at Joe. “Why don’t you finish what you started since it’s such a thrilling read and all?” She added sarcastically.

Joe stood in stunned silence as the notebook thudded off his chest, “Leigh Ann, I-I am so sorry, I”

“Sorry? You’re Sorry? Joe this isn’t something you can apologize for and make it all just go away. How could you do that Joe? That book is my life, those are my own personal thoughts and feelings and you just picked it up like some cheap paperback and read it. I-I though we were friends Joe.” Leigh Ann choked out as her voice cracked.

Joe visibly flinched as he saw the first sign of tears slowly making their way down her face, “Leigh Ann,” He pleaded with a shaky voice.

Leigh Ann shook her head, “No, don’t. Just go.” She begged as she pushed him towards her door.

“Leigh Ann just talk to me, please. We can work this out.” Joe pleaded as she pushed him into the hall.

“No we can’t, not tonight.” She whispered as she shut the door and dissolved into tears.

As Joe stood there he scoffed at the irony. He was really regretting writing that song right about now.

Joe stuck his ear to the door in hopes of hearing what she was doing. When he heard her sobs he backed away from the door and into the wall behind him. It tore his heart in two to hear her cry like. Knowing that he was the cause of those tears made the feeling even worse. Words could not express how deeply he regretted ever looking at that notebook. He felt horrible for breaking her trust the way he did. He had to make it up to her.

“What was all the yelling about?” Kevin asked as he came out of his room.

Joe just looked at Kevin as a tear silently slid down his face, “She knows.” He choked out.

Kevin put his hand on Joes shoulder in comfort, “I’ll go talk to her okay.”

Joe just nodded as he watched Kevin walk into Leigh Ann’s room through teary eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last of the chapters I had posted at ff.net. Yes I’m corny so sue me ( I was listening to their new single Tonight as I wrote this and I just couldn’t pass up the chance, lol). Oh and the dentist story Frankie tells Leigh Ann is something I picked up from their 20/20 interview the other day.

I’m not totally happy with the way this turned out. I just really struggled with this. Also the more I write the more I find Kevin’s character growing on me and I’m starting to wonder, should it be Joe/Leigh Ann or Kevin/ Leigh Ann. I’m still swaying towards Joe cause well it Joe for goodness sakes but I hate that most Jonas fics leave Kevin out ( and yes I am aware that I have left Nick out, don’t worry that’s next chapter. I may just decide to switch up points of view so Kevin and Nick get more time in the story, Let me know what you think, okay. If enough of you like the idea of Kevin/Leigh Ann I might just switch it… Please review!!