Like a Shattered Mirror

I Just Love a Cultured Guy

"Hello, mon cherie," James bid me with a smile as soon as I met up with him in class.

"Hey, James," I laughed. "So you're cultured!"

"Whatever you want me to be, I am," he replied swiftly. A grin made its way to my facial features. It was so nice to be happy.

"How about if she wants you to be gone?" Garrett mumbled from the seat in front of me.

"Oh, I doubt she'd want that, but her wish is my command." James kicked his brother's seat to tick him off.

"Go to hell, James," was all the response he got before Gary turned deafly quiet. It scared me a bit.

"So did you have fun yesterday?" James asked me, probably referring to the other "activity" besides watching movies.

"I've seen the movies before, but it's nice to watch them with company." Garrett could not find out about my relationship with James. He could not!

"I wasn't referring to that," he purred seductively. I saw Garrett tense and I bit my lip.

"I haven't had anyone over in awhile," I confided. Alright, so I didn't know that for sure, but oh well.

"Liar," I think I heard Garrett breathe. I ignored it, not wanting to sound like a moron if he hadn't said that.

"Then how about I come over again tonight?" he asked me. "Or you could come to my house. If you want."

"I'll call my dad after school and tell him, 'k?"

"Alright."

"Just why would she be going to your place?" Garrett whipped around to face us with accusations in his eyes. James, don't you dare say anything stupid!

"Why wouldn't she? I went to her place yesterday. Is that so bad that I would want to have her over at my place in my room?" He was obviously trying to tick him off.

"She's not going in your room! If she does, you're dead!" Why was he so...ugh?

"Dig me my grave as long as I die happy."

Wow, he's kinda perverted, isn't he? But I think I saw a vein pop out of Garrett's forehead. You know, the one that juts out when someone's really mad? But why on earth would he be mad? We were just friends and he never asked to come to my house, so what was his problem?

"Shut. Up." Garrett was commanding him now? James saluted him absurdly and turned his attention back to me, talking to me the rest of class.

At least Garrett didn't know yet. Thank Jesus!

And God.

And my dad.

And my role models.

Heck, thank everyone you see!