Like a Shattered Mirror

Dear Diary

Dear Diary:

I saw him again today, just like I knew I would. He kept glancing at me, as if to check up on me. I walk to class alone now. Just like I have been doing for the past week. It no longer hurts to breathe: well, that or maybe I can't feel the pain any more because it's so normal.

I still do dream about him, yes and maybe I always will. He was the one guy I trusted when the world had forsaken me. He was the one shoulder I would cry on. He was the one heartbeat I loved to hear. He was even the most comfortable pillow, ha.

It really hurts to think about him. But it would be easier to forget him completely. But I don't know if I want to forget. I don't regret him one bit because I loved him. I still do. But it hurts to love him, so should I just try to repress this memory? I still want to know why he broke my heart when he said I did nothing wrong. So what is it that made him not want me in his life any more?

He got tired of me. That had to be it. And that was why he didn't want to tell me: it was real harsh.

Should I forget him entirely and act as though nothing happened, or should I cherish the time we spent together even though it kills me to do it?

I want to take the easy way out, but...I used to love looking back on what I did that day with Gare Bear.

Good thing I don't write on paper, or the poor thing would be soaked. I'm going to bed now. I wish I could stay asleep forever, that way I didn't have to face the harsh reality I have to live when I'm awake.

But hey, there was a cute guy checking me out today in bio. Even still, all I was doing was looking at Gary to see if he was jealous...

Sincerely,
Amanda-Lynn Wilson;
No longer Mrs. Garrett Black