Like a Shattered Mirror

Twins

"Do you?" he asked, laughing lightly. "I'm pretty amazing, too, you know?"

"Ego boy," I joked and he smirked. "Isn't that just sexy?"

"Hell yeah. So you want to sit with me, fine lady?" he asked. I smiled.

"Sure, James." I sat beside him and Garrett walked in. I waved at him.

"You know him?" James whispered. I nodded. Garrett looked over and practically did a double take.

"Amanda...?" he finally said. I nodded. "What are you doing with that guy?" He strode over and glared down at me.

"Sitting...?" Whoa, what was wrong with him.

"What are you doing here?" Gary demanded, glaring daggers at James.

"What? Got a problem with it?"

"Hell yeah, I do!"

"Little angel boys like you shouldn't swear," James taunted. Gary was not angelic, even I knew that!

"Demons shouldn't prey on girls. It's low for even them!"

"You're an ass!"

"Garrett! He is not a demon!" I lectured. He glanced at me, laughing.

"Like hell he isn't. You shouldn't be hanging around this guy!"

"Why? He looks a lot like you, you know?"

"Yes, unfortunately," Gary muttered. James laughed.

"What's the matter, brother? Don't like me stepping on your territory?"

"Brothers? Then why are you guys being so...evil!?" This didn't make sense.

"He's my exact opposite!"

"But I'm your twin, little brother!"

"By a few seconds!"

"Whatever. Look, little boy, I'm enjoying Amanda's company, so could you leave?" James shooed him off and Garrett glowered. How could one boy get so angry?

"No. You leave."

"Look, you had your chance, alright? Now it's my turn. Go."

"Don't think I'll let you ruin more lives," Garrett growled.

"Wouldn't dream of doing that, Gary. You have the wrong idea. I'm a little angel!"

"From hell." Garrett walked off and I looked at James. He smiled sweetly and I giggled.

"What was all that about?"

"Gary doesn't like me too much. He never has."

"I'm sorry," I told him and he shrugged.

"Why? I don't like him either," he whispered seductively.

I was going to question it, but decided against it. It wasn't my business unless I became...

Mrs. James Black, I thought with a giggle.

Why did that sound so familiar?