Sequel: On and On

The Good Life

Chapter 10

The next day, I woke up;
Number 1: Shirtless.

Number 2: Freezing because I was shirtless, and

Number 3: With no Joe.

I saw my t-shirt on the floor and smiled as I thought about the night before, Joe was amazing; he made me feel like I was the only person he could see, he made me feel beautiful, just the way he looked at me with his deep, gorgeous eyes, made me melt, he didn’t pressure me into doing things I wasn’t ready for yet and it’s like he could see inside my brain, he always stopped before I had to tell him I was uncomfortable, we both knew there would be a right time for what we longed for each other and right now just wasn’t it. It’s gone, completely gone; my heart had been taken by Joseph Adam Jonas, gladly taken by him and I couldn’t be happier. I smiled at my thoughts; he was the definition of perfect in my book.

I slipped my t-shirt over my head and walked into kitchen/living room to look for Joe; I saw a note sitting on the table near the fireplace and walked over to it, picking it up; I smiled when I saw his scrawled handwriting on the paper,

Morning beautiful;

Went to the store to grab a few things,

We don’t have what I want to cook.

Call me if you need anything,

I love you,

Joe.

I nodded to myself and walked back into the bedroom climbing back into the bed to wait for Joe, I woke up and stretched and looked over and checked the clock, whoa, I’d slept for two more hours, I walked into the kitchen, “Joe, why didn’t you wake m—” I called out only to notice it was completely quiet, I walked to the door and opened to see my car missing from the driveway, I began to panic and tried to find my phone. Where could he be? It’s been at least two hours, oh shit, oh shit, I began to tear up, God, where is he?

I couldn’t find my phone so I ran to the room and pulled on my shoes not bothering to find a sweatshirt as I made my way back to the door and ran down the driveway and down snow covered road. I decided to go into the woods to avoid cars and to make a straight shot to the lounge without wasting my time on the long, winding road, I was freezing my ass off but all I could think of was Joe and where he was, my vision was blurred because of the tears in my eyes but I kept running. I had no idea what I was going to do once I got to the lodge, but I WOULD find Joe, and that was that.

I don’t know how long I ran for but I know it was a long time until the lodge finally came into view from the trees I picked up my speed and kept running I ran through the back door of the and walked into the small lobby and I made my way to the counter where an older man sat clicking away on his computer, I walked up and gripped the counter noticing my reflection in the mirror behind the counter to see my blue lips and windburn face. I began to force words out of my dry, frozen throat, “Sir, my b-b-bo-boyfriend left earlier,” I gulped as he looked up from his computer at the sound of my voice and jumped up, “Oh my God! Have you been outside like that?” I nodded my head, “Yes, I don’t care about me, my boyfriend left, he hasn’t come back.” The tears in my eyes were spilling out, “Well there was a small avalanche that covered the road this morning, they have been cleaning it up, but,” he said hesitantly, “Um, there was a car trapped underneath, have you heard from him?” My knees went weak and I grabbed the counter for support, my mouth gapped open trying to comprehend what was going on, this couldn’t be happening. He grabbed my hand, “Are you okay? Maybe you should go sit down I’ll get you a blanket and some—” He sopped talking as I was ferociously shaking my head and muttering, “No, no, no.” Getting louder each time, “I have to find him.” I said.

I took off for the door, forcing my burning legs and weak, aching body to push onward, the man me, followed yelling after me to stop, my head was spinning making me dizzy as I busted through the door and collided with a body, two pairs of arms wrapped around me and I knew, “Joe?” I muttered.

I was trying to confirm it was really him through my eyes that were unable to focus and full of tears, I felt his soft hand on my face and that was enough confirmation for me, I felt my body go limp and my eyes roll back in my head and distantly heard, “KAYDEN! OH MY GOD, NO. KAYDEN, BABY, NO, WAKE UP! SOMEBODY HELP! HELP ME!” He screamed followed by him sobbing and muttering my name as feet shuffled around me.

I wanted to hold him and tell him I was okay, that we’d be okay, I tried to open my eyes but nothing happened, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak and then;

There was nothing.