My Illegal Love Story

I do NOT belong in a strip joint.

*Part 17
At around 7 o’clock Tre and I decided to get dressed and make our way to Billie’s house. Tre quickly chucked on a black Adeline shirt and some jeans and I decided to wear my very relieving black dress (strapless, backless and short)...c’mon we were all friends...it’s not like I was trying to impress anybody.
“You ready baby.” Tre called out from the bottom of the stairs. I quickly added touches to my makeup, put on my stilettos and then followed his voice. As I began to walk down the stairs Tre’s mouth just dropped.
“Woe, Woe, Woe...you are NOT wearing that Christina.” Tre snarled as I got to the bottom of the stairs.
“Excuse me” I squealed back...I saw nothing wrong with the dress.
“We are going to a BBQ...not a strip joint, it looks like fucking lingerie.” He meanly sniggered back as he reached over for his car keys; I quickly intercepted his hand and pulled it back.
“OH MY GOD...IT’S A FUCKING DRESS TRE.” I yelled back, this was the start of yet another fight.
“LOOK, THERE ARE GOING TO BE GUYS THERE CHRISTINA...GUYS WHO ARE GOING TO BE LOOKING AT MY GIRLFRIEND WITH BAD INTENT, I DON’T WANT A REPEAT OF LAST WEEK.” He screamed back. I couldn’t believe it, not only was he calling me a striper but he was bringing up the fight that nearly tore us apart...this was war.
“You want to have history lesson Mr. Cool?...ok then, ill play to...Um...lets think...What comes into mind when I think of relieving, Oh that’s right...CLAUDIA IN HER UNDERWEAR AND YOU WEARING A PILLOW.” I shrieked back, I got him GOOD that time.
“WHAT EVER CHRISTINA...I DON’T GIVE A FUCK, I’LL BE IN THE CAR.” Tre quickly grabbed his keys and stormed out the door to the car...this wasn’t good.
I swiftly scampered up the stairs with tears streaming down my eyes...I felt like a dog that had just been threatened by its owner.
I flung open our cupboard and scrummaged through to find some sort of jacket or jumper, but seeing it was summer...I hadn’t exactly prepared myself. I finally found a black half top thing hidden in the back I quickly chucked it on and ran down the stairs to the car, maybe one of the men at the BBQ would appreciate it.
I jumped into the front seat of the car and put my seat belt on in silence...and that was it...silence the whole way to Billie’s house. I could tell Tre was going to say something...he would start then quickly stop, I knew he was sorry...but I had to hear it from him.
*At Billie’s house
I slowly un did my seat belt as Tre drove up the drive way, I was going to say something...but I was scared of rejection, so I just got out and made my way to the front door. Gradually I pressed the buzzer and waited for an answer at the door. Slowly but surely 80 answered,
“Hey guys.” She sweetly said as she opened the door, Tre and I both walked in. He went one way to the guys and I went the other way to the girls.
“So...I heard you met Frankito today.” Brittney said while passing me beer as I sat down.
“Yeh, he’s a gorgeous little boy.” I answered as I tried not to give any attention to Tre...that was looking at me from across the room. I just gave my full attention to blocking him out.
All together I think there were about 20 people at the ‘BBQ’ but to tell you the truth I don’t think that BBQ was used.
As the night went on I just sat at the table with 80, Brittney and some other wives, just drinking and laughing...plus I was trying the old hard to get thing with Tre.
“Christina?” 80 sweetly said...she could tell I was preoccupied.
“Sorry...What?”I pleasantly answered.
“Are you ok honey...let me guess, you and Tre had another fight...right?”
“Yeh, but it’s nothing...” I shyly began.
“C’mon Christina, you can tell us.” And just as 80 finished her sentence she gave the old head flick to the unfamiliar girls at the table and they quickly left, leaving 80, Brittney and I.
“Ok...what happened?” Brittney asked while taking my empty bottle and putting a new one in place.
“Ok...look, it’s stupid...he just got angry cause he thought that I was wear lingerie and that I was trying to have a repeat of last week.”
“WHAT.” Both 80 and Brittney said in unison.
“I know it’s stupid.” I shyly answered.
“No Christina, it’s not. You should be able to wear what you want...he should trust you enough to know that you aren’t going to do anything, because I no you wouldn’t.” Brittney kindly reassured me as she rubbed my back with her hand.
“I love what you’re wearing.” 80 tried to make me feel better...it didn’t work.
“You haven’t seen it all.” And before 80 or Brittney could say anything I stripped of my jacket and showed them what I had been hiding.
“WOW.” They both squealed in unison again.
“Oh My God Christina...you just aged 10 years.” Brittney giggled as she looked me up and down.
“If I was Tre...I would show you off... Actually I have an idea.” 80 slyly said while giving a little wink to Brittney. She grabbed her arm and pulled her into the kitchen...I didn’t get what they were doing...until they brought out the stereo...DANCING.
“Sweetie if this doesn’t work, I don’t know what will.” Brittney said as she plugged the stereo in while 80 cleared the floor for the ‘dance floor’. Slowly but surely I heard some dance music start up, unfortunately it was Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland...this song didn’t help my situation.
80 and Brittney flicked off their shoes and began dancing and before I had the chance to run away...they dragged me in to. At first it was just the 3 of us, but this quickly became like a new trend...everyone was shaking their ass. After about 10 mins of dirty dancing with each other the boys decided to join...except Tre offcourse.
“Hey sweetie, nice dress.” Mike yelled as he came over and gave me a big hug.
“Thanks.” I sweetly answered back. For a while mike and I danced up a storm while trying not to knock out half of the spectators. Suddenly I felt a tight grasp on my hand, at first I thought it was Tre...however I pleasantly pleased when I turned around and say Billie.
“Hello madam...I didn’t know it was you.” He giggled to me as he looked me up and down. For some unknown reason I felt my heart race 1000 miles per hour and it wouldn’t stop. Just as he was about to leave ‘Whatsername’ started to play.
“You wanna dance?” Billie sweetly asked as he offered his hand to me while putting down his drink. I quickly looked around and saw Tre looking dead centre at me...he didn’t say anything; he just stood there and shook his head. I blocked out his face and turned back around to face Billie.
“I’d love too.” I quickly answered as I took his hand and battered my eye leashes. He led me to the deserted part of the dance floor then pulled me in close. I felt his hand rest on my lower back and then he gradually picked up my hand and pulled me even closer. We just rocked back and forward to the song, my butterflies were slowly fading until he started to sing into my ear,
“I remember the face but I can’t recall the name, Now I wonder how whatsername has been” I could tell he was directing his lyrics to me.
“Remember; whatever it seems like forever ago the regrets are useless In my mind she’s in my head, I must confess The regrets are useless She’s in my head From so long ago.” I just went weak at the knees, everything he was singing meant one thing...he like me to.
“And in the darkest night If my memory serves me right I’ll never turn back time Forgetting you, but not the time.” As soon as the song finished, he quickly pulled away from me and left the room. He didn’t want to feel anything for me and I didn’t want to like him either...it just happened that way.
As I turned around I saw Tre; a look of disgust was planted on his face and he walked away as well. I just stood there...do I go and talk to Billie or Tre?