My Illegal Love Story

Should I stay or should I go?

I wake up to the sound of a thud and a clatter on Mr. Tre Cool's hotel door
"TRE, OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR," I hear a familiar voice yell.

As I roll over I see Tre lying beside me all snuggled up to a pillow and sleeping like a baby and I realise that last night was not a dream but a reality and I just lie and smile.
Seeing that Tre wouldn't answer the door I got up, through on a shirt and answered the noise.
"We thought we would find more the one person here," Mike Dirnt yells at the top of his voice when I open the door.
As I look behind him I see the whole gang and I mean the WHOLE gang; 80, Billie, Mike, his girlfriend Brittney, the two Jason's and Mr. Ronnie Blake.
"I think you need to buy smaller shirt love," Ronnie Blake states as he looks me up and down, I just blush and quickly run back to the bed in search of my clothes instead of Tre's.
"Hey what's up guys," Tre tiredly mumbles as he stumbles out of bed and does some kind of 'secret' hand shake with all the guys and kisses the women on the cheek.
"What brings you to my place of rest," Tre says while half yarning.
"You guys have a late night?" Billie says as he lifts his eye brows

I just kind of nervously giggle and try to search for the rest of my clothes under the bed.
"Hate to break up this little love fest but our plane leaves in like three hours so you guys might want to organise your clothes," Mike laughs as he looks down at all of our clothes in a pile.
"Really, wow, um... ok, well can u guys give us some time then please," Tre replies as he tilts his head towards the door.
"Ok, text me when your ready, nice meeting you Christina," 80 says in a really kind tone.
"Bye," I reply.

As the group of people make there way out of the door I feel a sudden emptiness in my stomach like my heart has just feel out of my ass.
"Fuck I'm hungry, do you wanna grab something to eat," Tre asks quickly as he goes in search for his phone.
"Yeah, thought you would never ask," I giggle back to Tre.
"Ok, do you want a shower first or me," Tre asks as he walks over to the counter for coffee.
As I think to myself what to say, I realise that this would be my only chance to take FULL advantage of a rock star and I wasn't taking this opportunity lightly.
"Well I don't know if you've heard but Australia is on water shortage and I want to show my respect to the country," I giggle and pull Tre to the shower with me.

(I think it's pretty clear what happened in the shower so I'll move on.)

We both finish and practically run out of the bathroom and into the bedroom to find our clothes as we barely have 2 hours left of time.
"Oh shit," I whisper under my breath.
"What babe?" Tre asks in a weird, yet comforting voice.
"I don't have any friken eyeliner," I yell back to him at the top of my voice.
"No probs," Tre replies and began to break his eyeliner in half, as soon as he passes the crumbled bit I recognize that under the circumstances this would be the most romantic thing a guy has ever done for me, I lean over and plant a light peak on his cheek as my own personal thank you.

As Tre finishes his outfit with a hot pink tie and a pair of white converse sneakers, he runs over to the mirror and does a kind of mohawk with the fringe of his hair then runs back over to me.
"Let's rock and roll honey," Tre says in a kind of Elvis like voice. I just giggle as he grabs my hand and leads me to the elevator.

We went down a couple of floors and I lean over and kissed Tre on the check randomly and begin to fix his tie as he obviously hadn't had much experience in dressing himself.

When we get to ground level and walk to the car, Tre opens the car door for me and assists me into the SUV (seeing as I'm used to riding in a four door ford-falcon.)
Tre sings his usual driving song as he reversed out and onto the main highway,
"So where's a good place to eat?" he sings to me.
"Well, this will sound stupid but they sell amazing hot dogs at my local shopping center, my friends and I used to go there all the time," I nervously say.
"Awesome, normal is good," Tre replies back to me.
I give him directions to the center, but quickly remember a little something I forgot to do last night.
"I hate to be difficult but do you think we could drive past my best friend's house so I can tell her where I am, we went to the concert together and then I kind of just left," I shyly ask Mr. Coo.
"Um...Yeah, sure," Tre answers back and gradually makes a very illegal U turn in the direction of my friends street.

My best friend Jazz and i are really close,so the thought of showing her me in an SUV with a rock star would just top my year, that sounds mean but me and Jazz are like sisters.

As Tre pulls into Jazz's drive way I quickly jump out and run up the stairs to tell her about my totally weird encounter with the drummer of Green Day.

*Tre's version of the story*
I really like Christina, she's funny, cute and just totally gorgeous inside and out but I get the feeling sometimes that she's hiding something or she's just really shy coz I feel like she's constantly nervous around me. We have this connection and there is nothing about her that can wreak that...except ofcourse my flight in less then 2 hours.
*End of Tre's thoughts*

As soon as I tell Jaz she screams in my ear and nearly deafens me in my left one. Jaz, her mum and her two sisters run down the stairs with me behind them in search of the mystery man. There's a sudden holt as each of the spot the black SUV and Tre standing beside it smoking a joint.
"Hello ladies," Tre says nervously while trying to put the illegal drug out.
All four of them scream excitedly and all just start to drool. "Back off guys he's mine," I giggle to everyone.

Tre suddenly looks at me weirdly and I realise that I just stated he was basically mine and I probably freaked him out to the max.
"Um... anyway we got to go, I'll ring ya to night," I announce and give Jaz a quick kiss on the cheek and quickly jump into the front seat of the car. As Tre reverses and drives straight to the shopping center i just watch my friends fade away.

*At the hot dog shop
As we line up I can see everybody exchanging glances at me and Tre, probably seeing I am a local here and they were seeing a mid 30 year old man holding the hand of a 16 year old girl, I guess it doesn't give a very good impression.
"Two hot dogs with everything please," I order to the lady at the cash register
"That's 6.30 thanks."
Tre lunges into his pocket in search of his money.
"My shout," I add and put it on my card.
I fix up the bill and Tre and I find a little booth in the corner to sit down. He reaches over and gabs my hand and gently caresses my fingers.
"I'm sorry if I freaked you out before, you know when I said you were 'mine' and all," I whisper to him.
"What, no you didn't freak me out, it was kind of nice actually I haven't had you know had a 'girlfriend' in so long," he replies and looks me in the eyes.
"A girlfriend." I surprisedly ask him.

Before he could answer my question the lady began to bring over our hotdogs. We just sat and ate them together while discussing music, the band and just basically the life of a rock star.
"So what university do you go to?" Tre asks while trying to lick all the sauce off his top lip.

I froze, all this time I had spent with him I have forgotten that what I was doing was illegal well, not in Australia but in America. I just stumbled and Tre was about to ask something else when he quickly looked at his watch.
"Oh, SHIT," Tre yelled at the top of his voice, making everyone turn their heads to look at us.
"We got to get to the airport my plane leaves in like 30 minutes," Tre shouted while basically pulling my arm out of the socket.

We quickly got up and ran to the car, and even despite the lack of time Tre still opened the car door for me, raced back around to the driver side, put his belt on and screamed down the street

*At the airport
Tre drove the car around to the car hire shop then we quickly ran up the stairs to the plane terminal
"Do you really have to go?" I ask ed eagerly as he stroked my blonde hair.
"I don't want to, but I have to, the tour is only half done," he answered as he looked into my in the eyes.
"I'll ring you, and write but most importantly I will never forget you Christina...this brings me to my next question," he whispered in my ear in a weirdly serious voice
"What is it?" I asked nervously.
"When the tours over, do you maybe want to come to California for a holiday or something," Tre shyly asked with his head facing the ground like a little kid.
"Yeah, but what about university?" I asked slyly
"Who gives a fuck, screw 'em," he proudly answered back.

I just giggled and practically jumped on him for one final embrace.
"I love you," I stupidly said only suddenly realising what I had just whispered.
It was the most awkward silence I had ever endured...i mean how can he love me? I hadn’t even known him for 24 hours.
"Um... "Tre gradually pulled away.
"Wait I didn't mean ... I was just..." I stumbled back to him.
"I love you to," he answered back and I just suddenly feel free.

As he pulled away we had one final kiss and I just burst out in tears, even though I had only been with him for a day I felt like I had known him my whole life.
As I watched him go up the stairs I saw him turn around and blow me a final kiss, at this point I knew this is only the beginning.

*Tre's version of the story
I felt like when I left Australia I left a bit of me behind, leaving Christina feels like abandoning a sick puppy at the vets not knowing if they will live or if they will die. For the first time in years I can finally say that I love some one and I know that she loves me back.
*End of thoughts

*13th April 2009
*Happy Birthday to Christina, Happy birthday to you *

I listen as my parents sing me the birthday song and watch me blow out the candles wishing for something I have been praying for months for, to see Tre one last time. I have received 7 phone calls and 3 letters in five months and all of the above where sent in the first 3.I haven't heard from him in 2 months and the only information I can get about him is the made up stories from the love sick groupies who supposably got close and 'personal' with him on tour. I realise that I am one of millions who idolise him but I'm hoping that I am one of not to many who have gotten the 3 little words that every girl dreams of
'I love you'.

*England Concert (13th April, Green Day dressing room, Tre's Story)
"Tre, man stop fucking sulking and get dressed," Billie yells at me.
"I'm not fucking sulking, I'm just thinking, you know that shit that budda's do?" I answer back.
"Meditating," Mike yells from a distance.
"Yeh, I'm doing that," I answer back.
I can't get her out of my head, she's just there. Every time I reach for the phone and dial the first numbers I realise that she's probably either really pissed off at me or she has totally forgotten about me.
"Is this about that Christine chick?" Billie asks while fooling around with 80.
"Firstly it's Christina and secondly who made you Dr. fucking Phil?" I snap back.
"Dude, chill I'm just messing around," Billie giggles back to me.
"Yeah, well go mess around with a groupie, smart ass," I crack back to him.
"Firstly you're the one who messed around with a groupie which led to you to feeling guilty cause you kind of 'cheated' on the other groupie, dick head," Billie shrieks in reply to me.

I slowly start to regret what I have done, the deed I did 2 months ago, that's why I had stopped talking to Christina, I realise that I don't deserve her after my 'fling'.
"Fuck up," I scream back, shaking out of my trance.
"Hey, Mike what's the date?" I ask while ignoring Billie.
"13th April man," he replies, while half making out with his girl friend.

As I hear his response I feel like... you know that there's a second cousin's twice removed birthday or something, I feel like I should know this particular date, then I suddenly remember.
"Oh, shit its Christina's birthday," I grab the phone and dial her number but all I get is the message bank.
"Hey this is Christina; sorry I can't take your call, leave a message and I'll get back to you"
I quickly hang up and quietly think to myself, I begin to dial the number of the travel agent in California and began planning; this will be a birthday she will never forget.