My Illegal Love Story

"When I get back...don’t be here"

*part 20
As Billie and I ran down the stairs we saw Brittney waiting at the door for us.
“C’mon...we have to go.” She said as she grabbed the car keys and made her way out side. Obviously 80 had gone in the ambulance...which was lucky; I wouldn’t be able to deal with her AND Tre.
Mike, Brittney, Billie and I all piled into the only car left at the house... Mike’s 3 seater Truck. I quickly tried to get in the car first, but as usual I failed.
“You don’t find sitting on Billie’s lap do you Christina?” Mike slyly asked as he jumped into the driver’s seat.
“Offcourse not.” I politely answered while heaving myself into the car. As I quickly sat down on Billie’s lap I felt his soft hands wrap around my waist; the seat belt didn’t fit around 2 people.
“So what happened?” Billie asked while holding me tightly as we pulled out of the drive way.
“He was snorting...then he mixed some alcohol with it. I don’t know exactly what happened...but I’m guessing that was it.” Mike said as he meanly glanced my way.
“Where were you guys anyway...80 was looking for you both.” Seeing as Brittney wasn’t exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...she didn’t realise that the thudding noise upstairs was us.
Nearly the whole trip to the hospital was silent. I just sat there looking straight ahead...I couldn’t look out the window because Billie would say something or do something and I could talk to Brittney with out Mike giving me an evil look.

Slowly but surely we pulled into the emergency car park of the hospital. Before I could hop out...Billie turned his head my way and kissed me lightly on the cheek,
“I’m so sorry.” I heard him whisper in my ear...at that point I couldn’t control my goose bumps...our relationship was still alive.
As I jumped out the passenger seat I felt someone grab my arm and lead me to the back of the truck...I knew it was Mike.
“What the fuck did you do?” Mike asked as he tried to hide from Brittney and Billie.
“Mike...it was nothing.” I quickly said as I tried to pull away from his grip.
“It’s clear you fucked...I want to know why.”
“Look, its complicated...I needed someone and Billie was there, he’s the only guy I can trust.” I whispered back to him.
“What about me Christina? You could have talked to me.”
“Billie understands what I have been through...we just connect...” before I could finish my sentence Billie came around the corner...and his face just dropped...all he could see was mike grasping my hand, and he just went OFF.
“Don’t you fucking touch her” Billie yelled as he pulled me away.
“What we do has nothing to do with you Mike.” Billie roared and quickly led me away to the entrance of the hospital,
“Are you ok?” he sweetly asked as we walked through the hospital doors...I just nodded.
As soon as we got to the waiting room we saw he rest of the gang. 80, the two Jason’s and Ronny Blake were all standing around the empty room waiting,
“OH THANK GOD.” 80 screamed as she quickly ran over to us and gave Billie a big hug.
“Is he ok?” I hastily asked as 80 came and hugged me.
“Um... they said that he’s in a minor coma...they are only letting family see him.” She stopped and looked at me.
“I know what happened Christina.” 80 calmly said.
OH SHIT, she knew about us.
Both Billie and I just looked at each other with fear.
“Are you ok?” she kindly asked while taking a sip of her coffee.
“What?” I unknowingly asked...what did she know about?
“I heard about your little ‘fight’ with Tre, just so you know this whole drug thing is a stress release for him...right Billie?”
“Um... Yeah. ”Billie hastily answered...I think he was as relieved as I was.
“And I don’t think he was going to hit you...he was just angry about the dress.” As she finished she slowly walked over to where Billie was sitting, sat on his lap and started kissing him...this was going to be some wait.
After nearly 30 minutes of waiting a nurse finally emerged from his room.
“Family can see him.” she sternly said while looking around the room. I just stood still, despite 7 pairs of eyes looking my way,
“Christina... that’s you.” Brittney said as she got up and took my hand.
“I’ll walk you.” she kindly guided me the couple of meters to his door...then knocked,
“You’ll be fine.” Even though I wasn’t that close to Brittney...I knew I could trust her.
“Thanks.” I sweetly said as I opened the door to Tre’s room.
I slowly walked in to find an unconscious Tre lying on the hospital bed, I didn’t know wether to talk to him or kiss him...the room was just spinning.
I quickly walked over to the chair that was placed next to his bed and began to talk,
“I know you probably can’t me...but I just want to say I’m sorry. You were just trying to protect me...and I realise that now. I know it will take some work babe, but I think we can do it... I love you so much...and I don’t want to lose you.” I said while wiping the tears and snot off my face. Even though there was no sign of him wakening up...I swear I saw a little smile on his face. I slowly kneeled down and got face to face with him...if this didn’t work...nothing would,
“I’m naked.” I whispered in his ear...and suddenly I heard a beeping noise from his machine thing. I started to panic; did I give him a heart attack? Was he so happy that he carked it?
I quickly ran out of the room in search of a doctor,
“UM...THE MACHINE IS BEEPING.” I yelled to the nurse behind the counter...and before I knew it an army of nurse’s and doctors piled into Tre’s room. Three doctors surrounded him and checked his pulse,
“I don’t believe it.” On of the doctors said,
“What did you say to him.” a nurse asked as she directed he question to me.
“What do you mean...He’s ok right?” I nervously asked.
“He’s better then ok... he just pulled out of his coma.” I could believe it...I woke him up...at that point in time I felt like Jesus.
As soon as the doctors left...the whole gang entered his him room.
“Is he going to be ok?” Mike asked as he ran over to his bedside.
“He’s going to be fine.” I happily reported as I reached over and grabbed his limp hand. As I turned my head over to Billie I saw a sad depressed look on his face...I didn’t think he wanted Tre to EVER wake up.
“How come he isn’t awake?” Brittney unknowingly asked.
“He’s just sleeping off his medication dear.” the nurse said as she came into the room.
“So...he’ll need his rest...only family.” the nurse said as she flicked her head towards the door. Everyone slowly walked out...except Billie and me.
“You coming Billie?”80 asked as she walked out the door,
“Um...its ok babe...I’ll get a taxi.” He sweetly said as he gave her a wink...80 just nodded and quickly caught up with the rest of the mob.
For around 10 minutes there was absolute silence in the room (apart from the occasion beeping of the machines).
“Do you want something to eat or drink?” Billie sweetly asked as he came up and rubbed my back...I quickly shook my head and moved away from his grip.
“Look Billie, I really just need some alone time with Tre. I’m going to get some coffee, when I get back...don’t be here.... I’ll see you tomorrow.” And before Billie could say anything in his defence I turned my back and walked out the door...I needed time to think.