My Illegal Love Story

“So... Billie sold you the drugs?”

*Part 21
I took my time in getting my coffee; I mean I wanted to give Billie some time to escape. I slowly made my way back into Tre’s room...and to my surprise Billie wasn’t there. Even though I asked him to leave, deep down inside I wanted to see him waiting for me. I gradually made my way to the empty seat bedside Tre’s bed and got comfy. I slowly sipped my coffee and read through 3 month old magazines that I borrowed from the waiting room, hoping for some sign of movement.
I started to get sleepy...I mean apart from the constant beeping noises... hospitals are quite comforting. Slowly but surely I closed my eyes and fell to sleep; it had been a long night.
*4 Hours Later
I awoke to the sound of familiar giggling...it wasn’t Tre, but it was definitely recognizable. As I fully opened my eyes I saw little Frankito playing red hands with Tre on the edge of his bed. I quickly sat up from my chair and ran over to Tre,
“THANK GOD,” squealed as I jumped on Tre’s recovered body.
“Good morning to you to.” he hastily said as tried to retrieve air from my big bear hug.
“Hi Christina.” Frankito happily said as he leant over and hugged my hip.
“Hows it going big man?” I said while scuffing my hand through his brown locks.
“Good.” both Tre and Frank said in unison, we all just stopped and laughed. Unfortunately our happiness was short lived as Claudia entered the room with her Chanel bag and Dior sunglasses.
“The nurse said they’re letting you out today...but I don’t know.” She said as she started to tuck in Tre’s bed corners.
“Oh, Good Morning Christina...sleep well? I mean...you boyfriend is here nearly dieing...yet you still find the time to sleep, I really admire your...determination to get you lover well.” she spitefully said as she made her way over to the bedside table to refill Tre’s cup.
“Well, thank you...actually speaking of sleep, aren’t you tired.” I slyly asked while giving here a dirty look.
“No, Why?” she unknowingly asked as she cleared the dirty plates from Tre’s table.
“Well, last time I checked, Vampires slept through the day.” She just stood there with her mouth opened...she didn’t expect a come back.
“LADIES, minor in the room.” Tre said as he tilted his head towards Frankito who was happy flicking through the TV channels,
“Frankito...why don’t you go get some breakfast with mommy?” Tre sweetly said to his son.
“Ok.” Frankito quickly got up and followed Claudia out to the canteen. I slowly moved beside Tre and picked up his hand.
“I am so sorry Christina. Look, I know I have put you through hell...but I really want to make this work.” He said as he grabbed my waist and pulled me down to the bed to sit down.
“I know Tre, but sorry is just a word...sorry doesn’t take that image of your hand getting ready to hit me” I hastily said.
“I swear, those drugs were a one of thing...Billie said they helped...”my stomach just dropped.
“Wait...Billie gave them to you?” I anxiously asked
“Yeah, look...I just tried them...he said they took the edge off, but I’m not making excuses for what I did, because I know it was wrong and I wont do it again. I love you...and I promise I will never hurt you again.” I could tell Tre was sorry, everyone makes mistakes...even rock stars.
“So... Billie sold you the drugs?” I asked again, I wanted to be certain.
“Yeah, he didn’t sell them to me, but he gave me his seller and I just took his word for it.”
I didn’t know whether to scream or cry...I knew I would probably do both...but I wanted to appear strong to Tre.
“So...are we ok?” he sweetly asked while caressing my hand with his fingers.
“Yeah...better then ever.” I giggled as I lay down beside him on the bed.
It was only a matter of time until we were interrupted by Frankito and Claudia.
“This is a Hospital, not your work place Christina.” Claudia said as she guided Frankito through the door. I assume she was implying that I worked in a brothel, so I just ignored it, I didn’t want to swear when Frankito was standing in the room. Just as she was about to say something else a nurse came into the room to check Tre’s chart.
“Mr. Cool?” he nicely asked as she wrote on his record.
“You’ve been given the ok to leave, Escape when you please.” She giggled as she walked out of the room. Both Tre and I just smiled as looked at each other with excitement.
“You can go home for some rest, Tre and I have to stay and sign some papers.” She hissed as she flicked her head towards the door.
“Well I can help with that?” I hissed back at her.
“Actually babe, Claudia is my emergency contact...so she just has to sing some things. Ill meet you back at home...ok?” he nicely said as he quickly got up and kissed me on the cheek.
“Um...ok.” I pleasantly said as I slowly picked up my bag and made my way out the door.
I immediately dialled Billie’s number into my phone and took a seat out side the hospital.
“Hello.”
“Billie its Christina...can you come pick me up?” I hastily asked
“YEH...sure, where you at?”
“The hospital entrance.” I answered back
“Ok, ill be there in 10...Love you.” he whispered in the phone. I quickly hung up as I was starting to feel nausea from the thought of his two kids sitting at the table, listening to him talk to his home wreaking mistress (me).
After nearly exactly 10 minutes I saw Billie’s black BMW pull into the car park. I quickly ran over and jumped in the passenger seat. The car smelt of his aftershave and stash of peppermint gum.
“Hey Bab...”Before he could finish his sentence I butted in.
“DID YOU SELL HIM THE DRUGS” I whaled as tears streamed down my face.
“What?” Billie screeched as he tried to decode my question.
“TELL ME THE TRUTH, YOU HYPOCRITICAL PRICK.” I screamed as Billie put the car in drive and steered off into a deserted part of the car park.
“Look, Christina...Stop, I...”
“DON’T YOU TELL ME TO STOP, I TRUSTED YOU...YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME.” I screamed while trying to whip the snot from my nose.
“I DO FUCKING LOVE YOU.” He yelled as he un-did his seat belt and moved closer to me.
“WHAT, YOU THINK YOU’RE PERFECT CHRISTINA.” he yelled as he got centimetres from my face.
“ALL YOU EVER DO IS PICK OUT PEOPLES FLAWS, YOU’RE SO ANGELIC, AND PERFECT...I MEAN HAVE YOU EVER MADE A MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE?.” Billie just screamed at the top of his voice. I could see his face going red and nearly burst with rage.
“Billie, just tell me...have you ever sold drugs to Tre?” I calmly asked as I tried to bring Billies face back to white.
“YES.” He scream. And just as he said that one little word, I got out of the car and started to walk, Billie quickly ran up and pulled me back,
“Where are you going?” he asked as he tightly griped my wrist.
“HOME.” I screeched and quickly pulled away,
“THAT’S RIGHT, RUN BACK TO TRE.” He screamed back
“I MEAN AUSTRALIA.” And before he could say anything, I put my hand out to the street and a yellow taxi pulled up beside me. As soon as I jumped in the driver pulled away...leaving the petite figure of Billie Joe Armstrong in the distance