My Illegal Love Story

"It doesn’t mean I don’t want to...it means not no

*Part 22
I quickly gave the driver Tre’s address and asked him to speed it up; my time was running out. I just sat quietly in the back, chewing my finger nails and trying to hum to the music on the radio. Suddenly ‘Wake Me Up When September Ends’ came on...and I just started to bawl.
‘As my memory rests, But never forgets what I lost Wake me up when September end’s’ I sung at the top of my voice, I could tell the driver was pretty glad when he pulled up at Tre’s house,
“How much is that?” I asked as I poked my head through to the front of the car.
“$12.10 please” he nicely asked as he leant into his glove box and passed me a tissue. I graciously took it and replaced it with a$20 note.
“Keep the change.” I said as I quickly jumped out the car. Before I could turn around to wave goodbye...he was gone and the loneliness kicked in.
I hurriedly ran up the stairs and unlocked the front door to the house. As I walked in, I saw the house exactly the way we left it. For a while I stood and thought about the past couple of days... how could I screw up my life in matter of hours?
I quickly stopped reminiscing and started run up the stairs to our bedroom; it was time I packed my bags. I chucked in all of my clothes into my suite case and attached all my shoes to the handle, seeing as I had nearly doubled my wardrobe since coming here...I left behind all the Chanel, Dior and Armani clothes that Tre had courteously bought me.
After ten minutes of packing and nearly five minutes of heaving I finally got my luggage to the front door. I quickly placed my gear near the stairs, then made my way to the kitchen, I picked up the phone, dialled for a cab and then started to plan my trip. I was going to catch a taxi to the bus shelter, then a bus to the airport and from there an express fight to Brisbane, Australia.
Because the plane ticket that Tre gave me didn’t have a return date on it...I was able to book a fight when needed...this was it.
***
I finally got to the front door after nearly an hour of hesitation; and just as I opened the door to leave...I saw somebody leaning in the door way right in front of me...It was Billie.
“Where you going?” he sweetly asked as he waved his hand to the taxi waiting out the front.
“Leaving” I quietly said. As I went to go through the door way... however, Billie intercepted me with his hand.
“I don’t want you to go.” He huskily said as he removed his hand.
“I don’t want to...I have to.” I murmured as I slowly raised my head to look at him. As soon I made contact with his moss green eyes, he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him...all I could feel were the spikes of his belt digging into my skin.
“Billie...don’t...” I tried to say while break free from his grip. But Before I could finish my sentence he placed his finger on my lip,
“Shhhhh.” he said as he removed his finger and placed his lips against mine, I quickly pulled away from his kiss and embrace,
“I SAID DON’T.” I screamed as I ran inside, he quickly shut the door and ran after me.
“IM A HOME WREAKING WHORE.” I yelled as I scurried over to the couch and collapsed on it. He slowly came and sat beside me,
“Christina...Don’t you ever say that!, you’re beautiful, funny and smart, and I’m not going to sit here and let someone like Tre treat you badly...he uses you like a piece of meat.” He said as he ran his fingers through his hair,
“You should be with someone that appreciates a beautiful woman like you.” He scooted closer to me on the sofa.
“Someone like you?” I asked as I looked up to his face. Billie just nodded as he wrapped his arm around me.
“You make it hard to hate you.” I soppily said as I rested my head on his shoulder.
As per usual my happiness was short lived as the ringing of the phone broke the moment,
“I’ll get it.” I said as I slowly sat up,
“The machine will get it.” Billie giggled as he pulled me back down on the couch and began to tickle me...we quickly stopped as the message played.
*Beep*
“Hey babe, it’s Tre. Claudia is bringing me home now...so we’ll be about ten minutes...Love you.” I heard Tre’s voice say.
“Holy shit...quick help me unpack.” I yelled to Billie as I quickly got up and ran to my luggage that was still at the door. We both darted over and took one side each of the suitcase and began to heave it to the bedroom. Slowly but surely we got up the stairs with it and chucked it under the bed,
“Ok...now you have to leave.” I said while ushering him down the stairs. With only a couple of minutes to spare Billie leant in for a kiss,
“Wait.” I said as I put my hand in place of my lips,
“Don’t you want to do this? I thought we figured it out” he shyly said to me while attempting to kiss me again,
“Look, Tre has just been released from hospital...and I want to stay true to him Billie...it doesn’t mean I don’t want to...it means not now.” I said as I pulled Billie close to me and kissed him on the cheek. He slowly pulled away, gave me a big grin and laughed,
“YES...IT’S NOT A NO.” he yelled as he ran down the stairs. Just as he got in his car and drove away, Tre and Claudia pulled up.
“Hey Baby.” Tre cried as he jumped out the car and started walk up the front stairs.
“Hi honey.” I said back as we met at the top of the stairs.
“Miss me?” he asked as he grabbed by waist and pulled me in for a hug. I just nodded with excitement; I couldn’t believe he was back home.
“Thanks Claudia.” He yelled as she pulled out of the drive way and onto the road.
As we walked up the stairs hand in hand I realised that my mum’s old saying was true... Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.
***
“What do you want to do?” Tre asked as I helped him take his luggage up the stairs.
“YOU.” I giggled back as I pulled him onto the bed with me.
“Sounds good to me.” He replied as he dropped his luggage and kissed me...and for the first time in two days love was restored...THAT’S FOR SURE.