My Illegal Love Story

My Secret Escape

*Part 24
I put the phone down with my shaking hand trying no tot drop it on the floor. I was breathing so hard that I could feel my chest struggling to get oxygen.
Suddenly I heard my phone ring....but to my surprise it wasn’t Billie calling back...it was my SISTER.
“Hello” I hastily said in the phone speaker.
“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?” I heard my sister scream,
“HAVING FUN AT YOUR FRIENDS BEACH HOUSE?, I CANT BELIEVE YOU CHRISTINA....NOT ONLY DID YOU LIE TO ME....BUT YOU MOVED CLEAR ACROSS THE WORLD TO FOLLOW SOME FANTASY OF REBELION AND THE ONLY PERSON YOU TOLD WAS YOUR DOPED UP FRIEND....ARE YOU PREGNANT YET?” My sister always had a way of making me feel like the most insignificant thing on the planet...this was one of those times.
“Wait, just let me explain...”I tried to speak calmly to her,
“NO...LOOK, THE REASON I RANG IS BECAUSE....”there was a long silence, it was obviously serious.
“MUM WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT LAST NIGHT...AND SHE’S IN A COMA.” She sobbingly said as could hear her bitting her nails in the phone. My stomach just dropped...my mum is in a COMA. Even though I wasn’t close to here, she was still my mother. The one who bathed me and feed me and the one who let me go to ‘Sydney’ for church camp. Before I could say anything to my sister...she finished her news.
“AND THERE IS AN 80% CHANCE THAT SHE WONT MAKES IT.” I couldn’t breathe, I felt my throat go dry and slowly but surely the vomit followed.
“Are you ok?”I heard my sister say...she had finally brought her voice level down a couple of knots. I still had the phone to my ear even when I bent down to spew. Quickly I whipped my mouth and tried to ignore the vomit all over the coffee table.
“Does dad know where I am?” I quickly asked while trying to stop the liquid from going on the carpet,
“NO...mum and dad don’t know a thing...and of you promise to leave HIS house right away then I won’t say a thing.” I didn’t even take time to think,
“Ok...I’ll be on the next flight home, send my love.” before she could say anything back I hung up the phone and ran to the kitchen for a cloth.
As I cleaned the mess up I had so many thoughts going through my head...even if I have built a life here...my family is everything.
After I finished the cleaning I through the cloth on the counter and slowly made my way up to the bedroom to pack my clothes...this was going to be a secret escape.