My Illegal Love Story

Good Bye Cinderella

*Part 25
Quickly but silently I tip toed into the bedroom to find Tre snoring and kicking all over the bed (as usual), I quickly got out my pen and wrote a ‘DON’T CALL ME’ message on his hand...just encase he didn’t notice I had moved out. Seeing as I hadn’t gone through with my trip last time...my suit case was still backed and ready to go.
Little by little I dragged my suitcase down the stairs with as minimal sound as possible. I finally reached the kitchen and reached for my phone, dialled for a cab and planned out my trip once again,
I was going to catch a taxi to the bus shelter, then a bus to the airport and from there an express fight to Brisbane, Australia…it was fool proof.
After nearly 10 minutes of waiting, the taxi finally came. Slowly but surely I got my luggage to the bottom of the front stairs and the back of the taxi. Quickly the driver hoped out of his seat and assisted me with my luggage,
“You going somewhere?” the driver asked as he heaved the luggage into the trunk.
“Ummm, I guess you could say that.” I sweetly said back with a smile .Before getting into the back seat, I stopped and turned to have one last look at the life I was leaving behind. After a while of thinking I finally came to a shocking conclusion, all my good memories weren’t made here…they were made at Billie’s house,
“Excuse me Ma’am.”I felt the taxi driver shake my shoulder.
“YES?”I annoylingly asked…he had rudely broken my moment.
“Sorry, but I charge by the minute.” he apologetically said while making his way to the driver seat. I just spitefully nodded as I quickly jumped into the back seat and gave directions to the bus shelter.
*At the Bus Station
“That’ll be $10.50 miss.” The driver kindly asked as he put his hand out.
“Thank you.”I said while handing over the correct change.
“If you don’t mind me asking miss, where are you going now?” he asked as he sorted my change into his money bag.
“The Airport and then home to Australia.” I sweetly said while watching him heave my luggage out of the car.
“A pretty thin like you shouldn’t be riding the bus at o’clock in the morning could take you to the airport?” he offered as he tried to catch his breath from lifting my enormous suit case and throwing it at my feet.
“That’s really kind of you, but I’m a bit strapped for cash at the moment, Thanks anyway.” I slowly gave him a nod and began to pull my luggage away.
“Look, I’m just finishing my night shift…the air port is on my way home, it’ll be no trouble at all…my shout.” He yelled in my direction. Before I could object the kind old man grabbed my suit case and carted it back to the taxi.
“Oh…thank you so much.” I exclaimed as I made my way to the back seat of the taxi.
“Buckle up” he said as he put the car in drive and sped off onto the highway.
*At the airport
“Well…thanks again.”
“No problem…you take care of yourself miss.”
“I will.” I said as I quickly slammed the door and watched him drive into the distance. Seeing as he had already given me my luggage, I was ready to go home.
I quickly made my way through the airport doors and toward the customs convey belt.
I made sure that all my movements were slow and steady…just incase 1 in 2 men decided to show up, I know that I didn’t tell them but I was so used to being swept off my feet.
***
“Yes, seats 44 miss.” The ticket holder said as I handed over my pass port and ticket.
“Thank you.” I politely said as I made my way through the tunnel to the plane. Obviously neither Tre nor Billie cared. It was 7 o’clock in the morning and I hadn’t had one call, message or visit since the previous night.
I slowly found my seat and buckled up.
‘Please find your seat and sit down, we are about to take off.’
This was it…my fairy tale was over.