My Illegal Love Story

Diamonds Are Forever

*Part 29
“OH TRE’!!! Of course I will!” I yelled as I leapt onto him and kissed him all over his face.
‘BEEP BEEP’ my phone quickly jump started us back into reality.
“It’s from Nat….” with a shaking hand I opened the message

‘Mum’s going to be alright she just woke up! Forget the food and get back here!’

“Well my mum’s going to be alright Tre! Isn’t that great!” I said as I finally let all the air from my chest out while fell into Tre’s arms.
“That’s great baby but I haven’t even given you your ring yet!” he said whilst opening the box and showing me the humongous rock!
Once again I had trouble breathing...I didn’t know they mad erings this beautiful.
“Made of pure diamond.”Tre proudly said as he slipt the luxuriously expensive heart shaped diamond ring on my left hand.
Image

“Oh it’s gorgeous!” I said while trying no to faint at the site of my present. After minutes of just staring at the ring I slowly realised what I had got myself into.
“But Tre I can’t take it or you with me to the hospital. As much as I want to! I don’t think my mum or dad could handle me going America, living with a rock star and getting engaged in the same minute!” I nervously said as I took off the ring and placed it in the red velvet box that it had come in.
“Does that mean no?” he sadly asked as he watched me take off the jewellery.
“HELL NO!” I screamed at the top of my voice so that everyone could hear me.
“It’s stupid your 19 ,you’re old enough to do what you want!”
“Yeah I know Tre but it’s different for my parents... There old, you know?”
I slowly gave the box back to him with a little bit of resistance.
“Yeah I know” he said with a cute chuckle as he slipt the box back into his pant pocket.
“Look, I need to take some time out with my family...I promise I will tell them before I come back...I want them to meet their future son-in-law” I giggled.
"Dont tell anyone about the engagment...i want it to be a suprise."i sweetly said as he kissed my hand.
“Anything for you babe” He said and then we said our good bye with a long slow passionate kiss, just as he began to walk away he quickly stopped and ran back.
“Keep this with you...remember me by it...” He quickly dove into his pants and pulled out the velvet box.
“Wear it, if you want...it’s up to you!,it's my heart that your carrying”
And before I could say anything he kissed me on the cheek and speedily ran away to the awaiting limousine out side...my fairy tale was nearly complete.
***
I quickly ran to the ‘ten items or less’ Isle while throwing the un-needed supplies on the closest shelf. I needed to get back to the hospital.
“$21.30?” the spiteful checkout chick said as she piled my groceries into a green plastic bag. Just as I handed over a fifty dollar note, my phone began to ring.
“Just a sec.” I exclaimed to the young girl awaiting my hand to receive the change.
“Hello.” I sweetly said...praying it was my fiancé,
“We need to talk Cinderella.” I heard Billie’s husky voice say into the cell phone speaker.
Once again my chest was short of air...only this time, I landed on the ground.